Nifeboy.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 16 of 37 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#90765 - 08/05/11 01:54 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! * [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Litch Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Rhein/Main
Congrats Peter! This is very beautiful indeed - oh yes, ironwood is a great handle material!
But you already know laugh

Enjoy it!

Best, Peter

P.S.: I'm as interested to know as Tony is: Are you going to use it???

RKCC CMI-006
RKS #5720

#90766 - 08/05/11 02:07 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Rick_Bowles Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Peter,
Gorgeous "Stanie"! Is that CW Ironwood or are you that lucky?!
Rick Bowles RKS #012
www.RBscrim.com
N.K.C.A.
NRA Endowment

#90767 - 08/05/11 02:13 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Rick_Bowles]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Thanks guys
I don't think I will use the knife as I have some that I use already, but you never know.
I am lucky, but the ironwood for this knife came from a block that I purchased last year specifically for this knife. I now wish I had purchased more while I could see the blocks in peron.

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#90768 - 08/05/11 03:38 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida

"I am lucky, but the ironwood for this knife came from a block that I purchased last year specifically for this knife. I now wish I had purchased more while I could see the blocks in peron."

Peter:
I remember searching all over for this piece. I purchased 4 of them all together. They were all cut from the same piece. The price range was from $45-$90 each. Yours was smack dap in the middle (price-wise) as it was a medium sized piece. The larger blocks were a tad more, but "all" were exceptional.
To everyone else: Just one more reason to attend the "Blade" show...and get there early!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#90769 - 08/05/11 03:40 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Beautiful knife!

Why is nothing engraved on the Nameplate? Is it a separate option?

I assumed it would be part of the Nameplate option for an extra fee. I have plans to use that feature in the future and am wondering what I would be getting into.

NRA Life Member

#90770 - 08/05/11 03:41 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
Peter you did good on the Ironwood. You are right though, you should have bought more as much as you like it. That is some of the best I have seen in a long time. I also understand that it may become more difficult to obtain sooner that we would like to think. I believe I would just put that one up.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#90773 - 08/05/11 03:58 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Robert Frey]
Rick_Bowles Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Rob,
The nameplate is an expensive option but more than just initials can be put on that plate!
Rick Bowles RKS #012
www.RBscrim.com
N.K.C.A.
NRA Endowment

#90774 - 08/05/11 04:26 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Robert Frey]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Rob
By default, nothing is on the nameplate. I believe the shop can engrave your initials, but leaving it blank for now gives me more options as Rick has shown with his photo of a great engraved knife
According to the 2011 price list, nameplate is $55.00 and engraving up to 5 letters at $2.00 per letter.
One thing about the left hand finger grips allows you to have the nameplate on the trademark side of the knife. If you would have right hand finger grips, the nameplate would have to be on the back side of the knife.

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#90779 - 08/05/11 05:57 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Got it.

The plan I had in mind was for my initials to be engraved in the nameplate by Randall, and then I want to have the rest of the knife engraved in a similar pattern to the above one. Now, I think that I will have the initials engraved in a style that fits with the same pattern as the rest of the knife by the same guy.

Thanks guys, the learning never ends here.

NRA Life Member

#90783 - 08/05/11 06:14 PM Re: Knife of the Week Stanaback Special!!!!!!! [Re: Robert Frey]
Rick Magee Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Just adding my voice to the chorus. That's a super nice knife!
RKS #2911

Page 16 of 37 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 36 37 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod