Inside the Digital Photography Tutorial Link I posted earlier there is an offer for a Free-Digital Photo Editing Program from Google, Picasa 3. Depending on the capabilities you currently have on your computer you may or may not be interested in this software. If you currently do not have any Digital Editing capabilities this software has all of the basic features as well as some advanced features and even if you have Digital Editing capabilities this software may have some features you do not currently have.

I downloaded this software even though I already have several other similar programs because I wanted to check out all it's features and functionality and ease of use. It does have a couple of features that I don't have with my existing programs. I can tell you that it is a safe program from Google and it is a fairly straight forward download process. If you have any interest al all I suggest you click on and view the, See What's New In Picasa 3, video clip on the link page and then decide for yourself. The Uninstall process is also straight forward should you decide you don't want to keep it.

During the installation process you will have the option of deciding how the software will function within your system. I do not recommend that you have Picasa 3 become your default picture viewer or have it be part of your Quick Launch programs. During the install Picasa 3 will search your computer for photos and create it's own image library folders, it will not change any current folders.

I Do Not recommend you install this program If you do not feel comfortable downloading and installing new programs. This program is rather clean in that it Does Not try to integrate itself and have tentacles reaching into your other programs the way some do.

All-In-All I find this software to offer considerably more than your basic digital photo editing packages but not nearly the features of the full blown Adobe PhotoShop BUT it's Free and from a very reputable source. Please post any questions.

Picasa 3 Free Download From Google

This Feature Is Kind of Fun, I Played with It For Just A Few Minutes

Attachments
55170-Tuesday,April29,2008(Small).jpg (83 downloads)

Edited by tglassco (02/17/09 05:33 PM)