Not to get "too" hung up on just the RMK....What caliber and game are y'all using and hunting? I'm going for Bama whitetail, hogs and (perhaps) a pheasant shoot thrown in to boot!
Shotgun with be a Beretta #301, 12 gauge...or a Browning Citori in 20. Both of these guys have been real good to me, including top dog at last year's shoot. I highly recommend them.
Rifles? I have more than I need but I recently had Jimmy McCullough build me a 257 Roberts, which I'll get "broke-in" this upcoming season. It will be a great rifle and it will be available for guests, women and younger hunters. It's mild report and recoil has to be experienced and can't be properly described. When I hunted in Florida a 1937 (Pre War) Winchester Model #70, in Roberts, was my go-to...all the time!
For more serious work I own "4"....(That's right: 4) 30-06 caliber hunting rifles...3 bolt guns and a Belgium, Grade II Browning BAR. Great medicine for whatever you're hunting.
I also acquired an old Sako "Vixen" sporter in triple deuce which I'll sight in and doe hunt with a bit. Absolute pristine condition and I've never had a 222 Remington that wouldn't group seriously tight ones!
OK: What about you folks? Let me hear it!
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris
PS: A 150+ point Bama whitetail with my "Hill Country" in '06...CCS

Attachments
------Copy of 11 pt. & Hill Country 30-06.jpg

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (09/26/23 12:26 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com