Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
....please read this article about marketing. This is what I meant, when I said that giving a new knife to this customer could be seen as a form of advertising.

The average company spends a lot on advertising!

I don' know that RMK needs a lesson in marketing, with a 5-6 year wait, but hey, what do I know. I don't believe RMK is "the average company", and is somewhat unique and as afaik, they do very little advertising. If my memory serves me, the only print add I recall seeing for many decades was the small running add in Blade Magazine.

I mentioned this previously and I don't want to rehash, but in this instance, for the sake of clarity, do you think this is the first guy to f**k up a knife by misuse?

I can only guess at your reasoning (beyond the "marketing" angle) is because of the nature of how this went down on fb and all the negative hoopla that went on. I am helping you out here, cuz the "marketing" angle is a loser.

I look at it that if in fact the knife proves to have been in proper condition when it left the shop in both metallurgy and assembly, and prepared to be used as it was designed to be used, replacing the knife for a person that admittedly misused the knife is simply rewarding a poor decision by that individual.

BUY-SELL-TRADE