Hey guys. I’ve been away for a while. Just looked, and my last post was over 10 years ago!

I was going through my modest Randall collection – something I do once in a while, check everything out, wipe down, etc. (the knives otherwise sit in drawers in my climate controlled closet, sadly neglected, esp. as of late) and I got a bit sentimental, thinking of old friends, some of whom have passed in the intervening years. (God rest).

In that spirit, I thought I might check back in. It looks like things have slowed down quite a bit here, but, happily, I see some very familiar eminent figures still hanging around: Capt. Chris, Joe, Scott, Mitchell, et al.

As a way of re-introduction, I thought I might show this knife from my collection.

It has a strong connection to a man I didn’t know well and never met in person, but I spoke with him countless times by telephone and email and thought of him as a friend; a man who helped me more than any one person as I navigated my way into and through the world of Randall knives back in the early 2000s – it all began with that first purchase from him (not this knife - but the beginning of countless others). I didn’t know him nearly as well as some of you, but I remember our conversations, his kindness and his generous spirit fondly. One of the true renowned Giants in the Randall Community: Perry Miller (knifekid on the forums) – God rest and keep him; he’s in my prayers.

Here’s a picture of the knife and I invite all comments on what you think of it, (as Perry himself did on the old forum 16 years ago, in a sort of “guess what it is?” post.

Anyway, hello again and I hope all are well, happy and healthy, Gary in VA (Escapement).

Here's the knife, next to a Mod. 5-6 for comparison.

Attachments
------20190705_183513.jpg

Edited by escapement (07/10/19 05:02 PM)