James Behring Knives dominionhobby.com
Page 12 of 53 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178378 - 02/27/19 07:09 PM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: CrazyCajun]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
B) Little Bear Bowie

NRA Life Member

#178390 - 02/27/19 09:06 PM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Robert Frey]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
It was my idea to have a continuous series of Park builds. Since Yellowstone was the first National Park, I thought it would be the first, then after that, whatever the group wanted. I also thought it would be fitting for one option being the etched name of the Park. Each one would be a one off from this forum. The forum would have other builds, but a Park build could always be resurrected to start a new one.

Edited by pappy19 (02/27/19 09:08 PM)
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#178398 - 02/27/19 11:13 PM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: pappy19]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Mike,
While that may have been your thought, it would make no sense to attempt builds for each park, no more than it would to make one knife for anything (or any park) specifically. We (I) would never have the time (or the slots) to make a bunch and have already stated so after your initial idea.
What "does" make sense is to build a knife to be used at "some" of our national parks.
Just sayin', Capt. Chris
PS: All Bowies have a sharpened false (top) edge, making them illegal in some states...Maybe we need to decide what the hell we want the knife to do...and where...before we go any farther?
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#178417 - 02/28/19 09:41 AM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt
Great point about the Bowie blade. Did not even remember that issue for some.
Walker

#178418 - 02/28/19 10:05 AM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
"What we want the knife to do.....& where." Having lived in, hunted the boundaries of, hiked, fished, camped, rode horses through Federal Park lands since before I could legally drive I know you can't really Build a knife to legally use & do anything within the laws within the parks. Instead common sense & safe use are the best guidelines. Unless you just build a 10-3 (a GREAT knife) & done with it. And if you try, the laws will change tomorrow.
Build the knife you'd use in the parks....or the one you want to keep on a shelf, without worry re: state & federal laws. Too many irritating things otherwise to just argue over.
Or heck, if an incredibly useful & wonderful addition of top sharpened blade is too much, #28 can't be beat. What a blade!
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#178422 - 02/28/19 10:09 AM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Shoot870p]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
I believe any openly carried fixed blade knife with over a 3" blade would be questionable in most States and Nation Parks. Also, I believe Yellowstone has exits via 3 different states, what is legal to openly carry might be different depending on which exit you took. So maybe we ignore what is legal to openly carry and build what we all feel would be an all-around best RMK example.

#178424 - 02/28/19 10:18 AM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Eric]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Actually, I've always believed in trying to not "openly carry" almost anything. Or, more likely, openly carry something small & useful, & other useful things easily accessible not in the open. You just can't satisfy all the damn law makers. See, said this discussion just increases irritability.....BUT, I'm done.
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#178428 - 02/28/19 12:15 PM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Duke]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: Duke
without worry re: state & federal laws. Too many irritating things otherwise to just argue over.

Best statement yet Duke, in regards to all this legal mumbo jumbo.........

#178445 - 02/28/19 09:55 PM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Michael_Mason]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
While rules & laws may very well be irritating, there just may be a couple of folks who would care to "not be the example" to go to court and defend themselves against the Feds for such a trivial matter as carrying an illegal weapon in a state (or national) park. That was my criteria and if I am to soldier this build to it's completion and get this knife made..I would certainly not want to irritate everybody...but we have to star somewhere??
Maybe: The National Park idea is not a good one because it's quite unlikely, at least by testing the waters thus far, we can come to any type of agreement. I'm all ears Crew: Whatdoya'wanna'do?
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#178447 - 02/28/19 10:04 PM Re: Let's "Park" a build here for once! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Then do a catalog build start at number one......vote on if you want to build it or not then move to the next one.
Just a thought.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

Page 12 of 53 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 52 53 >