Rocky--

I understand. And they tell me my listings will not be renewed automatically, which is no big hassle for me.

I don't know if they will actually get my reply to their email, or actually care what I wrote, but here it is for "entertainment" value.

"A standard 30-day return policy is beyond the bound of reason—any buyer knows within a very short time whether the item they receive is as described by the seller and if they actually want it.

"A 30 day return privilege invites buyer abuse—they can buy and use an item, return it in diminished condition to the seller, and demand a full refund. That harms the seller.

"Also, an unscrupulous buyer can return a different item and claim it is the one they “received” from the seller, and again demand a full refund.

"Stories around the web describe such experiences that sellers have had, and also say that eBay does not protect the sellers when a dispute arises.

"I have had only one bad experience as a buyer [an outfit in Italy sold me a fake antique knife], and in that case the only way I recovered my payment from them was to go through my credit card company. Ebay and PayPal simply did not aid me in any way. In this case it was outright fraud by the seller, and they afterward changed their identity on eBay and kept doing business."

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246