Nobody mentioned a Randall carving set. I absolutely use mine every chance at holidays and dinner parties and I always get compliments. IMO, if you are a Randall guy, get a set, use it often, pass it down and make it a family heirloom treasure. Add some provenance and pass it along to your heirs.
So on to others I use. I have a 11-3 carbon, red stag handle, n/s hilt that I take along on every deer hunt.
I asked a good friend one day if he would sell me this pretty little knife, and he did. Who cares if his name was etched on the blade until he got sick. I promised my friend I would take him hunting with me because he couldn't but loved hunting. Sent him some bloody shots and we celebrated. When he passed, I cried; still miss him.
So,on to another. I carry a stock model 14 carbon, black micarta, fingergrips, inverted carry on my day woods pack in a Spec Ops sheath. Have needed and used it often. Still razor sharp; a workhorse.
Another vintage 11-5 that I carried and used and gifted to a great buddy in Montana.
The blades afterall can't speak for themselves, they're looking forward to seeing you.

Edited by W Polidori (06/14/18 11:45 PM)
Edit Reason: Sp