Bob,
The #5-4" was eliminated before we started. As to mostly a carry knife (from the blade length choices we have) a 5" or 6" is what I had in mind.
As to camp chores. Kitchen work? Really: With an 8" Model #5? I'd say at least 1" and perhaps 2" too long for me. Nobody is going to strictly use this knife for one cause, I'm sure..."but"...(Wow: Another one)...there are some blade lengths that will serve multiple purposes.
Crew: Don't get me wrong. This is "ME" talking about my 60 years of camping experience. During the past 30 of which have been far more "cozy" than the earlier years! I strap my Model #5-5" on now and it will do almost anything I ask of it at my hunting camp. Of course: We also sleep in a 6 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, commercial kitchen, with a den, featuring a wood-burning huge fireplace and 60" flat screen with "DISH" hunting camp!!
I just thought, being as "I" was the one that said to plea your case...I would just point out for, how in my mind's eye, I would classify this knife.
Keep 'em coming.
Also: Ramking: Crew members "should" understand that a lifetime warranty doesn't include baton work, etc...although I am sure the knife would perform well...
There: Enough Caveat.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: A shot of more (not much more) youthful Captain, "roughing" it in the den with a newly mounted 7 point!!...CCS

Attachments
------Copy of 8 pt. mounted.jpg

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (01/24/18 03:48 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com