I know somebody will be along directly to steer Model 18 dress up to a survival knife thread somewhere else due to cutting in on eye candy rather than folk actually trying to use the things, so I will post of a photo of the rarest of rare, the Wham O Superballtip version.

Truthfully, the newer shorties chop and hack much better thanks to all the extra brass mass also acting as counterweight to speed up snap and dampen rebound. The larger diameter heavier latter cap also provides great rear grip security when doing said chopping, and yielding larger knife type power.

As for goodies, whole point original was meds/matches/wrap, for surviving a few days until rescued, hypothermia and dehydration the true killers, knife insurance in case owner had nothing left but what was on belt. Bank fishin' and trap settin' while waiting sounds quite pleasurable, though. Personally, i would pass on the fishing/trapping gear and make sure I had several square feet of plastic for a solar still and water to drink.

Edited by Lofty (01/13/17 12:23 PM)