OK Crew:
It's time to move on. In the interests of saving a "ton" of time and eliminations, I have gone through the "Stash" that I posted and narrowed it down to "3" for you to choose from..."along with", of course "5" choices from the Randall shop.
I know a lot of your favorites didn't make the Captain's "short list" but there were reasons. Just to name a few:
* Black French Walnut, IW and several "others" were too big and, being Scottish, I hate to waste anything!
* Thuya burl and Spalted Hackeberry were too small...and, "besides": Why pay an extra $75.00 install price for my thuya when the shop has it in stock?
* The big..."secret" exotic wood is simple too expensive..."&" large so I took it off the table.
* Ziricote was too close to the Bocote so I just chose one.
Anyway: "ROLL CALL VOTE"!! Please vote for one...and "one only"! Argue your case and let's see what the top "3" turn out to be. Afterwards we'll re-count, last handle vote, and determine the winner. This is just the best solution I could see for whittling it down. I hope you agree. If one of the "others" is your favorite, out of my "Stash", contact me and I'll make you a personal RMK with it, size requirements, & the like not withstanding! FAIR ENOUGH??
VOTE NOW:
Best, Capt. Chris
A) Walnut (RMK)
B) Rosewood (RMK)
C) Maple (RMK)
D) Ironwood (RMK)
E) Thuya Burl (RMK)
F) Red Palm (Capt's "Stash")
G) Lignum Vitae (Capt's "Stash")
H) Bocote (Capts' "Stash")
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member