Ok...Ok, Crew,
Some excellent discussion..."BUT"...(I know..I know) let's get back to reality. As in all previous builds, we build by committee. I think, although I love all of this talk, we should whittle it down a bit. I offered a "pair" (That's "2" for the numerically challenged) of matching knives as an option. A Stanaback Special and a #12-9" is not a matching pair. It is 2 knives. Different scenario. I think, a matching pair of my dealer specials, a #19-5" and a #23-4 1/2"...with "matching" hilts would both be excellent choices..."BUT"...(There's a theme starting here)...A #23 with a double hilt looks like "I" made it! "&" that ain't a compliment!
A #5-6", with teeth and a #5-4" without teeth is not a matching pair either. A #5-6" and a #5-7 or 8" would give you the same blade shape, sawteeth pattern, etc. A #8-4", OLD STYLE and a Stanaback Special..."OR"...a #12-6", Little Bear Bowie would also make a nice "matching" pair. "Matching" being the key word. There are other scenarios that I have done, over the years to build a matching set. The possibilities are not endless...but there are a few.
...........AND............We haven't even decided on a pair yet! I think logic would dictate a roll call to see (at least) "what" we are going to build. We could build one now and a pair for our next build?? Who knows?
OK: ROLL CALL VOTE! Vote for one...and "only" one of the following...and "no other choices":

A) One Killer-Bomb Randall custom forum build
B) A "MATCHING" pair of RMK's

Thanks for everybody's interest and passion. It's nice to see and a breath of fresh air.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com