James Behring Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102278 - 06/11/12 10:19 AM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) * [Re: crutchtip]
Rob_Schoening Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Iowa.
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
I want to say something here. I understand we all have priorities and the Blade Show may not be at the top of list, but every year we read the same old thing about folks that are coming and don't show, something came up, or are gonna make it next year.

All I can tell you guys is that life is passing by, and if you don't make the effort, you are never gonna make it. It is worth it to go at least one time, before these shows change and/or become a thing of the past. So get up off the couch and plan to go next near. Treat it as one of or your only vacation, but go.

The dynamics are changing folks.

Well put Joe. I have wanted to go for years now and it has never worked out.

Last week, just prior to the Blade show I was able to make a very quick trip into Orlando. While I unfortunatly missed linking up with Capt. Chris, I was able to make it to the Randall shop and meet Gary, Jason and Scott. My wife and I also were able to swing down to Sullivan's and meet Greg, Fran, Danny and Chris.

Great time, but too short. Blade next year if I can fit it in.

- Rob

#102279 - 06/11/12 11:25 AM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Rob_Schoening]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
You may not have been at the Blade show Rob..."BUT"...(There's that word again)...your loyal RMK servant made sure your knife project(S) was (were) front-n-center at the RKCC meeting! More later...I'm still tryin' to focus without enough coffee...(and...I had to talk to the "Crutch" this morning prior to "ANY" coffee!)...Think that I ain't tough?
More later, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#102280 - 06/11/12 12:58 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Guido_Bitossi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florence, Italy
Back home safely after a great show.
Most of the beauties were shown already...and....trust on me so many were around.
Give me some days to tune up myself after one week out of my office...than I will post some pics mysel.
The meeting was so good and also very...very fortunate to myself as I won the right to buy one of the six Mod. 27 Minis Scott brought from the shop.
Joe is right...try to make it, even once; is something a knifenutt must do !
I have to go now...sorry for being so short about knives....
I do promise most in few days...
Thanks to ALL friends welcome me as an old fellow....
Again thanks to the Capt. to reserve for me the RKCC( Int'l) # 001
That was...is...a great honor.
it's like a great Family...
Really thanks..I do appreciate this....
Special thanks to the Capt....off course, to Perry, Ron, Buck, Ken, the Treeman'sFamily, Tune, Scott, the Clinton's Familyand many others...
Really thanks so much for let me feel like home!
Thanks to Capt. Cris once again to reserve to me the R.K.C.C membership "Int'l" #0001
It was...is...a great honor.

Edited by Guido_Bitossi (06/11/12 04:46 PM)

#102281 - 06/11/12 01:03 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
To say that the Blade show was great would be an understatement. The entire show was good. I was extremely busy each and every day and did not get out the show until 2 hours after it was shut down on Sunday! Now that's...BUSY! I have no voice left (a lot of folks are very thankful for that) as it left me Saturday afternoon sometime.
The sales, orders and trades at this year's show were the best I have ever had and over time I'll try and post some stuff up about some of that. Record sales, both in volume and money, was the icing on the cake. Thanks to Ken, Mitchell and others for giving me something to go home with that will find a spot on my collector's shelves. (One is even being "returned" there.)
Orders for the new Mini #27 went a little nuts but most dealers there were able to accomodate folks within a fairly short timeframe. Ya'll will have to get with your local area dealer to find out their exact delivery times but all who attended (Buck, Rick Ward, Gary Clinton, etc.) stated at the RKCC meeting that they were under 12 months, even 6-8 in some instances!
Speaking of the meeting: Unbelievable. The highest attendance of any Blade show club meeting to date! The RKCC now stands at close to 200 Charter members! I am going to keep charter membership open until the "200" mark is met. The RKCC treasury was given a shot in the arm and I may even be able to pay myself a couple of bucks back in a year or so! I have and received nothing...absolutely nothing but positive, optimistic comments from all who attended. Folks who did not know about the meeting (It was listed in the scheduled events show directory) came to my tables afterwards and said they had heard about it and wanted to sign up!
I had my secret weapon helping me at both the meeting and my table. Robert Lambert, RKCC's youngest club member (age "8") was a "runner" the entire meeting and show. He is solely responsible for signing up Gary Kennedy (NKCA President) and getting his dues money! He also aquired several knives over the course of the show. He was the first one there and the last one to leave my side each and every step of the way! Thanks for your help Robert. His "Poppy", Ken Lambert, has been a loyal club member of the RKS and the RKCC. It is through these youngsters that knife collecting will continue. I urge all of you folks to get your sons and daughters, grandsons and grandaughters involved in this wonderful and rewarding hobby.
I'll post up later on the nuts-n-bolts of the RKCC / RKCA meeting but just wanted to thank everyone who made this year's "Blade" the best experience I have ever had at a knife show! I cannot even begin to list all of the responsible parties...but ya'll know who you are. More to come....
All my best, Capt. Chris
PS: Did I mention the newsletter was passed out and many said it's the best one ever???...CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#102339 - 06/13/12 04:52 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Peter_Kaufman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Now that folks are back from the show, can we see some photos of the great knives you found.
I didn't make it myself, but Capt. Chris found something I needed to add to my collection.
It should be arriving soon and it is one of about 150 made in the late '70's early '80's and is ironwood smile
Will post photos when it arrives

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#102344 - 06/13/12 07:26 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
IRONWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... NO!

grin
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#102347 - 06/13/12 10:03 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: TonyLaPetri]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
I too, am shocked!! Ironwood!!

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#102348 - 06/13/12 10:14 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: pappy19]
Ironworker Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Peter,it would not be a griffin drop point hunter,or wood it,Walt RKS#5924
Walter Horn RKCC#CM-012 RKS#5924

#102349 - 06/13/12 10:28 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Ironworker]
alf Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: SEUS
i have only been hanging around here a couple of months, and know enough to say, "whew....for a minute i thought he was going to say he was getting it in ironwood."...actually, it was him who first pointed me towards this site...i was doing research on an outfit called The Ironwood Anti-Defamation League, and his name kept coming up on google searches and led me here....wink!

Edited by alf (06/13/12 10:32 PM)

#102351 - 06/13/12 11:06 PM Re: News From The Front (Blade Show) [Re: Ironworker]
Peter_Kaufman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Walt
Yes it is a Griffin Drop Point Hunter with ironwood. I have not seen any in person, but I had a seen a few photos of them and really liked them. As there were not many made, I jumped on it when it was offered to me as I might not see one for sale again and this one is in great condition.

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod