It was in the early 1980's. I was set up at a gun & knife show in downtown Orlando...and I mean "downtown". The Orlando "Centraplex", as it was called was located downtown. There was an Omni hotel, the Bob Carr theatre for the performing arts, amongst other stuff. The Orlando Magic were just getting underway. All of this in a 4 block area. Quite a contraption, this mess-n-maze of buildings was!
I was selling guns-n-Randalls and showing somebody a Model #10-7" at the time. I was trying to explain how I looped the wrist thong around my wrist a couple of times and how it helped me to use the knife "on the water" and not have to worry about losing it.
All of a sudden, I was approached by this thin old man, forcing his way into the conversation and politely (but intensly) telling me I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. It was Bo Randall, who used to frequent the shows back in the day. Bo proceeded to show "us" (meaning everyone who would look) just exactly how "his" wrist thong should be used.
I never forgot that lesson. Bo was right on the money and I'm going to try and pass it on to you good folks...If you like?? I probably will not word myself properly and ya'll might have a time figuring out my photos and explanation...but I'll try.
I didn't want this thread to get lost in and with the other very good thread on the subject, which is going on at present, so I started a seperate one. Hope this is OK with everyone...OK: Here goes.

FIRST: Loop the paracord through the handle hole provided or the hilt hole provided (#18's) and lay the open ends side by side and pointing "away" from each other. At "every" stage of this knot these "tag ends" will be pointed away from one another.

Attachments
------How to tie a wrist thong...-09,2011 001.jpg

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (09/01/11 08:36 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com