To all RKS members,
I have been taking a great many Randall knife orders lately. Thanks to all for the orders. I have also had a good deal of confusion from some regarding "pricing". In particular: Pricing charged by the Randall shop, verses an Authorized Randall knife dealer. While I cannot address all of the Randall dealers, and their policy with regards to pricing, I can tell you this: All Authorized Randall knife dealers are invoiced for their particular orders by the date the order is scheduled out. In other words: If you order a knife from a Randall dealer and your scheduled delivery date is in 2012, the knife will be billed at 2012 prices.
If you wish to "lock in" this year's pricing (currently 2011) you need to contact the Randall shop and place your order through them. The only other alternative would be to find an authorized dealer who may have some order dates still available at the end of this year (2011). Other than that, your Randall knife will be subject to any price increase set forth from the Randall shop.
I hope this is clear...and, "NO"...I have no idea how much (if any) the 2012 (or any other year) price increases will be. Randall made knives' current waiting time is around 58 months. That's a long time, "but" (there's that word again) "when" your knife arrives it will absolutely be a bargain price, seeing as how your price was locked in to (almost) 5 years prior!!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com