Dear RKS members,
I am happy to announce a new addition to the Randall knife line-up for 2011! It is the Model #4-6", "Fighter". With an old ancestry (Zacharias Fighter), this perfectly-balanced fighter utilizes the styling of the old warhorse...but trims it down in length to offer a sweet combat Bowie! Along the same lines as the "RKS "IV" Club Knife", this smaller, lighter, more manageable knife will feel just right in your hand!
Another advantage of the new #4-6 Fighter is the availability of options not previously offered on this type of knife. Like the Model #1, "All-Purpose Fighter", this #4-6 Fighter is available in carbon or stainless steel. You can choose from a host of handle materials...from the Randall shop or supplied by you! The same ordering limitations (no more than 5 chargeable options, etc.) apply to the #4-6, Fighter as other Randall models.
Here's a breakdown of the standard, catalog (or "non-catalog" in this case) configuration for this splendid knife:

* 6" carbon steel blade is standard
* Hand-forged from 1/4" stock
* Top bevel sharpened
* 4 3/4" handle length
* Brass double hilt
* Leather handle
* Duralumin butt cap
* Model "A" sheath included
* Price: $355.00 (as shown)

Take a look at a few photos I shot at Greg's shop (Sullivan's Leather) this afternoon. This knife reminds me of a "SOG" Bowie, one of the best designs around. It started out with a Randall design from the W.W.II era and has been transformed into what you see today! The final sheath design is still in the planning stages...but it's a sweet lookin' "Fighter"!!
Best, Capt. Chris Stanaback

Attachments
------#4-6 Fighter-A.jpg

------#4-6 Fighter-B.jpg

------#4-6 Fighter-C.jpg

------#4-6 Fighter-D.jpg

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (12/01/10 09:39 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com