There are NO dumb questions, we shall see. Small time Randall guy, and I like the look of a black micarte handle with black/silver spacers. However, Randall uses a 5 up front 3 in back pattern for spacers that puts black to black next to the handle. I'm not any too bright, so I'm looking at one of my knives and think, if the pattern was 4/4 instead of 5/3 the knife would still have the same number of "spacers" but the arrangement would place a silver (or brass) spacer against the black micarta handle and not black to black. Sure I could choose to do red/silver and avoid this issue. I once asked a dealer if this 4/4 was an option and was told no. Now I understand that perhaps it's just a Randall policy now, although a 5/3 pattern of spacers has not been since day one. Clearly Randall has a right to limit choices but is there any real reason why a 4/4 pattern could not be done? I like Randall knives, although not a big time guy in the Randall world my seventh Randall Knife is due to be delivered this week so I do support the Randall Company with my dollars and one thing that draws me to a Randall knife is that it is a custom "hand made" knife. Should I want, I can choose a "fighter" and set it up to my preferance to make me happy and then Randall builds "my" knife. I just wonder why a 4/4 pattern is just not done (even if I ask real nice)?
Rick G.--- RKS #883 Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation