I have had one since they first came out. Love a no paperwork sawed off shotgun, which is about as short as it can get and still keep max capacity. I have only ever had a problem with one new Mossberg, latching/unlatching was out of time, had to slam slide handle back to release a shell reliably, and the latch was sharp enough to cut my thumb when loading. It was back in 3 wks, worked perfectly as all the rest.

No SBS is fun to shoot in my book, not with most loads. You have two alternatives for fun.....the Winchester AA Low Noise/Low Recoil 980fps loads, which is STILL nearly a full ounce of lead doing nearly 1000fps, which has gotta hurt if slapped with one, and likely a lot better behavior modifier than a bullwhip.

The other fun way is the Aguila Mini Shells...there is an aftermarket rubber gizmo for cheap (OPSol/$15) which plugs into the bottom of the loading port which allows your Mossberg to reliably cycle the Minis all day long, nearly doubling capacity (ok, 30%), and serious loads such as their buckshot loads are mainly lighter only in payload, and have decent speed.

How reliable is the gizmo? Mossberg used it at the SHOT Show for writers to shoot the guns at the intro of the Shockwave, with no problems and great press on the guns a result, as fun had by all...

Edited by Lofty (04/02/18 12:52 AM)