I have been making knives for 38 years now, and what really started me in '78 was a picture in Gun Digest of an array of beautiful Randalls. Those knives struck me dumb and for years my dream was to own one. That dream came true in '86. Now I am not only a knifemaker but also a Randall collector.At first I made knives that were American inspired (Loveless, Sigman). Strangely, no Randalls. Through the years I have found my own designs to make.

Recently my love for Randalls has been fanned. I do not know why, but it's great that it's still as strong as before.

Now I came up with this strange idea: why don't I make a companion for every Randall I own. Inspired by it but not a copy and certainly not a replica. There will be many differences, but the inspiration will be clear (how about a Model 1 with a model 25 handle, for example).

So I started with a few.
I will glad to point out the di fferences and to post them here when each one is completed (this will be an ongoing project as I'm still adding to my collection of Randalls).