Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
I think we have stayed on this subject long enough, particularly in this topic area. The purpose for having the ordering questions topic is/was to help answer questions and reduce calls to the Randall shop. The "question" has been answered. "Probilities" and "what ifs" are excellent topics..."BUT"...(I know: There's that word again)...please add a new thread to this Randall "main forum"...or in "sharp talk".
Thanks, Capt. Chris
PS: Something that I will add is that no one has thought about possible labor time "delays", in the forge, by stopping standard Model #28 forgings to "change" the blade configuration. Adding a new model probably is not in the future and the "Woodsman" sells like hotcakes, just the way it is!
CCA

I'll be brief here but don't really understand your point??? Nothing I suggested involves "stopping" anything done in the forging step. The rough shaped blade comes out of there as usual. The change would be at the grinder's bench, to NOT do something,...(cut in the false edge), and adding a simpler straight main grind. This comes much later after many clean up and shaping steps.

So I don't think not putting in a false edge can be argued as additional labor in changing the blade configuration? At least that's the way I understand it???

And yes,...I imagine it already is a great seller, with the thinner 3/16" blade stock AND especially the full tang the reason, IMO. There is a reason even thinner blade stock (usually 1/8") is used on bushcraft knives,...they are plenty strong to baton, and they SLICE so easily. Physics "ain't" wrong. Love to see a forged Randall "bushcrafter" some day, scandi anyone?....not in my lifetime. laugh (I'm 58)

cheers,
Joe T

Edited by Joe Tousignant (03/27/15 12:03 PM)