Originally Posted By: Dirty_Water
The shops main problem with the white handle materials is that most of the materials out there do have some sort of "dirty" abnormalities in them, or god-awful smells and dust. It's a no-win situation for us...if they are real bad, we end of ripping the handles off and starting over, losing a lot of valuable time. If it is a customers material, we are not responsible for the final outcome...right?...wrong...we are still looked on as we put an inferior product on our knives. One customer sells the knife to another and eventually someone asks why would the shop even bother to use these handle materials in the first place...
We have developed a few white, off-white and even Antique gold color materials with our suppliers, unfortunately, for some reason or another, when we go to reorder, the formulas have changed or have been discontinued, (as in the AGM). We seem to have hit a homer with our present-day Ivorite, and can just pray that the materials stay true to the way they look for us now. Hope this helped this discussion a little...

---DW---

Thanks for clearing that up Scott. I obviously didn't know what the heck folks were talking about with the "filthy" comments about the ivorite. I like the stuff myself but then I don't really know squat about much of anything so it had me doubting my judgment on the stuff.

Jim E.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020