Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9578 - 09/06/06 04:33 PM The Late, Great Corbet Sigman - RIP
model141man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: West Virginia
I saw this on another forum. I have two knives from Corbet Sigman, a Working Hunter and a Collector Grade. His talent will be missed.

"On August 5, 2006 one of the knife worlds pioneers of handmade knives passed away. I never met the man. But have heard all good things about him- not only as a maker, but as a true generous, kind hearted human being. Corbet started making knives with plain materials, all by hand. Most notable was his no frills handmade using knives at very reasonable prices. Something, in my experience, is not too common enough these days. Corbet Sigman will be missed. RIP."

Corbet Sigman, March 8. 1932- August 5, 2006.

Thanks...Bill # 3797

#9579 - 09/07/06 09:39 AM Re: The Late, Great Corbet Sigman - RIP [Re: model141man]
Erik Offline
Just dropped in

I'm so sorry to have heard about Corbet's passing away! I owned several of his knives and met him a number of times. I'm really going to miss him. One of the truly great knifemakers.

#9580 - 09/08/06 07:52 AM Re: The Late, Great Corbet Sigman - RIP [Re: Erik]
model141man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: West Virginia
I looked at my two knives he made for me when I got home last night. The Working Hunter I have owned for almost 20 years and I have never had to sharpen it yet. I have dressed several deer with it. I hate to see the old masters go. Thanks...Bill.

Moderator:  A.G. Russell