Clinton Knives dominionhobby.com
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#826 - 10/10/05 07:17 AM W.R. Case / Bose Collaboration Knife ***
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
What patterns made by Case, that Tony has designed, have been your favorite knives? What would you like to see made in the future?

#827 - 10/14/05 05:58 AM Re: W.R. Case / Bose Collaboration Knife [Re: John_Nugent]
jim Offline
Just dropped in

Loc: satsuma fl
i would l like to see a 88 made by tony

#828 - 10/21/05 05:55 PM Re: W.R. Case / Bose Collaboration Knife [Re: jim]
Davenport Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
WHAT IS AN 88 JIM?

#829 - 10/23/05 05:30 PM Re: W.R. Case / Bose Collaboration Knife [Re: Davenport]
red_river Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas
An 88 is a big Congress.

#830 - 10/26/05 10:23 AM Re: W.R. Case / Bose Collaboration Knife [Re: red_river]
Davenport Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
IN RE: THE 88 OR LARGE CONGRESS HOW LARGE AND HOW MANY CONFIGURATIONS AS IN HOW MANY BLADES AND WHAT BLADES, MEANING COPE PEN OR WHARNCLIFF. I HAVE A LARGE CONGRESS PATTERN GIVEN TO ME BY A SPECIAL FRIEND BUT HE DIDN'T CALL THIS PATTERN THE 88.

#831 - 11/11/05 12:12 AM Re: W.R. Case / Bose Collaboration Knife [Re: Davenport]
Sunny7 Offline
Just dropped in

WR CASE Made the 88 pattern for well over half a century.The 88 stands for the case pattern number.Blades on the early congress did very some compaired to a standard long pull 88 produced years later.One smaller blade was often a hefty manicure blade with a sharp beveled point.The closed case shield could be found placed directly in the center of the knife,crimped bolsters,attractive blade swedges ect were comman place with the early master cutlers.These knives were made years before the famous green bone knives were avalible which came about from a mistake during the dyeing process. Early Bradford congress specimens in unused condition are a sight for sore eyes.Jim S got a knife in the mail 6 or 7 years ago from a fellow in Austin.He asked Jim if he would be interested in buying the knife.The deal was sealed for 1500.00.The knife was resold for around 10 grand.Jim later told me that if i traded as many knives as he had in the past,my lucky day would come! K

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton