Randall Made Knife Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2995 - 12/26/05 10:50 AM How to enter your photos on this forum. *
Rhett Stidham Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
POSTING Photos

Below the posting box you will see “File Manager”. When making a post with a picture click on “File Manager”.

That will open a new box and at right you will see “Browse” Click on Browse and there you will see your system where you are to find your photo which you click on and then click on “Open”.

Write inside the box to name your photo if you wish then click on ”Add File”.

You may add up to 6 photos. When finished click on “Done Adding Files”. Then click on “Submit” or “Preview Post”

Best regards,

Edited by Rhett Stidham (08/04/10 03:41 PM)
Rhett Stidham RKS #002
President/Founder
www.randallknifesociety.com
email:payrks@gate.net

#2999 - 05/04/07 02:31 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: Rhett Stidham]
doublethink98 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: FL
Any thoughts on how to resize a jpeg file?

#3000 - 05/04/07 03:21 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: doublethink98]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

If you're using windows XP, microsoft actually has a great program they offer for download for free. It's called "Power Toys", and there are a few of them in the list on their site, but the one for resizing pics if very nice (and super easy to use too. You just open the pic you want and "right click" on the pic. In the window that opens, click "resize", it will open a small window with choices such as small, medium, large, and custom (custom will allow you to actually choose the number of pixels wide and tall). This will allow you to make the images small which also makes the file size smaller so they can be uploaded here at the forum.

If you want to enter one here, I can try to help you resize the photo. My desktop with XP is down at the moment, and I am using a laptop with windows' new operating system, "vista" on it... which I do not like by the way... it's uses lots of RAM just to run, let alone trying to do anything on it... but anyway, you can email the photo to me and I will resize it to a smaller size and see if I can get it under 100KB for this forum, and email it back to you if it will help you out, no problem, glad to help.
~dale
kaela_laula@earthlink.net or
sales@www.DorrisWoodCreations.com

#3001 - 10/25/07 09:28 AM "how to resize a jpeg file?" [Re: doublethink98]
Topos Offline
Knife Enthusiast

If you are lucky to use a Macintosh open image up in Photshop and under image size make it , say, 4" x 5". Then give this a name and send. Hope this helps.

Personally, I may even get up the 'courage' to {ugh} follow directions (guys do not like to read directions {grin}) and try posting my first picture. Gasp!

Great day to all my Randall bretheran.

#78871 - 07/24/10 04:17 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: Holzinger258]
JRW Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texas
ANY CHANCE, that anyone who knows how could redo the posting chart now that the forum format has changed? I had just mastered the old one and now that it has changed I cann't post.

HELP--PLEASE!!!

John Westbrook

#78873 - 07/24/10 04:45 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: JRW]
JRW Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texas
Thanks to Capt Chris, I now know how to post.

Thanks again.

John Westbrook

#78876 - 07/24/10 04:58 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: JRW]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
You're more than welcome. I told you it was easy! If anyone else viewing this has trouble, give me a call.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#79170 - 08/04/10 03:45 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: JRW]
Rhett Stidham Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
POSTING Photos

Below the posting box you will see “File Manager”. When making a post with a picture click on “File Manager”.

That will open a new box and at right you will see “Browse” Click on Browse and there you will see your system where you are to find your photo which you click on and then click on “Open”.

Write inside the box to name your photo if you wish then click on ”Add File”.

You may add up to 6 photos. When finished click on “Done Adding Files”. Then click on “Submit” or “Preview Post”

Regards,

Rhett
Rhett Stidham RKS #002
President/Founder
www.randallknifesociety.com
email:payrks@gate.net

#81659 - 10/01/10 04:35 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: Rhett Stidham]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Fayetteville NC
If I do everything as written, will I be able to see the photo(s) included with
the post when I hit "Preview Post" button?

Some forums I have been on, show the photo(s)in the preview, and some forums show only the written entry but not the photos in the preview.

If photos are supposed to be viewed in the post preview, I'm doing something wrong. Followed Rhett's instructions including "Done Adding Files". File Manager shows number of files OK.

When I hit "Preview Post", only the message shows, not the photos. Help!
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#81665 - 10/01/10 06:34 PM Re: How to enter your photos on this forum. [Re: Rhett Stidham]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Buck,
I get the same deal. My photos appear after I hit submit.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod