Randall Knife Collectors Club dominionhobby.com
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64541 - 07/09/09 03:27 PM Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers
BobJohnson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Linton, IN
Since nobody has posted any Bose knife pictures lately, I'll give it a shot. These are in my pocket today. The Wharncliffe Trapper is numbered "0". Both are absolutely perfect in every way. The Stag is matched perfectly on both. Both have D-2 Blades. Maybe next time I'll post whats in my Back Pockets.

Attachments
63793-ReeseStag.jpg (341 downloads)

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (07/09/09 08:42 PM)

#64542 - 07/09/09 06:24 PM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: BobJohnson]
Bob_Glassman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Holy Cow !!!! Bob Those are some beautiful single blade knives. Man, they remind of knives that I use to have....

Thanks for sharing.

#64543 - 07/09/09 08:45 PM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: BobJohnson]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Bob,
I hope you don't mind, but I posted your pic so folks do not have to click on your attachment. I still don't know exactly "why" I am a moderator over here. I certainly love Tony and Reese's work, but am not an avid collector. I do, however, know how to get those pesty photos posted. I struggled with it for a good long time before deciding this posting thing just wasn't gonna beat me!
I would like to hear more about these and other Bose knives. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#64544 - 07/09/09 09:28 PM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: BobJohnson]
Bill_Jacobs Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: KENTUCKY, USA
Bob, thanks for sharing great Bose knives. The last time I talked to Tony and it's been 2-3 years, his waiting time was beyond my lifespan! I think he said 6 years or so and recommended buying from the market. How did you get these if you don't mind my asking? Reese and Tony, you may already know, are some of the best knife people you'll ever meet. Tony spent some time talking to my son Justin when he was 14 (without being asked) up in Bradford PA where we attended the annual Case event in 04. Some knife folks don't want to be bothered by kids but Tony encourages young people's knife interest which is the future of the knife business. Thanks again, Bill.
William L Jacobs III RKS #3569 NKCA NRA Life KNIFE WORLD Student Limbaugh Institute A.C.S.

#64545 - 07/09/09 09:42 PM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: BobJohnson]
Bill_Jacobs Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: KENTUCKY, USA
Bob, I forgot to mention that Reese was there in Bradford PA with Tony. Reese conducted a workshop on how folding knives are made and Tony "moderated." A great event. Tony said something about Reese being a "master" some day. I asked him what he meant. He said, "Well he's 36 now and still an apprentice, it's take him another 10-12 years or so!" Amazing, the skill level and mastery that Tony has achieved. I forgot to ask what Reese's waiting time is. Bill J.
William L Jacobs III RKS #3569 NKCA NRA Life KNIFE WORLD Student Limbaugh Institute A.C.S.

#64546 - 07/09/09 10:32 PM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: BobJohnson]
seussbrother Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Bob, great knives and thanks for sharing the picture! The Wharncliffe trapper is my favorite of the two just because I love wharncliffe anything! I saw the Cap's post. Isn't there an age limit for posting here? I can't wait to hear the response from the old geezer.

Allan

#64547 - 07/10/09 05:30 AM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: seussbrother]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Seuss,
There "is" an age limit. I'm way under and you, my ancient friend, are way...way over!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#64548 - 07/10/09 09:32 AM Re: Reese Bose Stag Single Blade Trappers [Re: BobJohnson]
BobJohnson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Linton, IN
Thanks Capt. for fixing the picture. It was my first post and I failed to read the instructions. I'll post what's in my Back Pockets later and try to do it right this time. I have never met Tony or Reese Bose, yet I drive through Wilfred 3 days a week! I have spoken to both on the phone and can guarantee they are First Class People! Both are very helpful. Tony does not take orders anymore and Reese has a 4+ year back log. Do yourself a favor, Bill, and call Reese and order yourself a knife the way you want it. Reese will build it to your specs and I GUARANTEE you it will be worth the wait, or I will buy it from you. I have 3 knives on order from Reese and thinking about getting them is what keeps me looking at sites like this. If you can't wait, try customknifegallery.com. Bob Glassman is a frequent poster here and is a trustworthy source for Bose knives in the secondary market. Thanks for the kind words and excuse the low quality pic. It is my first scan and getting them under the 100KB limit was a challenge for me.

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton