dominionhobby.com James Behring Knives
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#53612 - 12/15/08 12:32 PM This neck of the woods....
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I know that just about every possible human activity has a place, a site, a forum, in the Internet. From finance to poetry to politics to philosophy to any and all sports, hobbies and what not, there is a specialized space in the Internet.

However, of them all, this particular forum, the Bose Knife Discussion Forum appeals to me in a very special way. In particular, I've carried a knife in my pocket since I was a child, in good times, bad times, as a student, when in coat and tie, in jeans, when my kid was born, when talking to the high and mighty or to the salt of the earth, in this country or the other, trekking or in hospital, reading or running having a small knife in my pocket grounds me and provides me with a sense of self and continuity. And to carry a Bose knife allows me to keep present with greater intensity the belief that above all I must try to always be a good and decent and humble person.

Moreover, the people here, ok, maybe because the group is rather small, couldn't be any more respectful, polite and kind.

For all of the above, I'd like to thank you all for this place, for allowing me to be here, and thank you Tony and Reese for doing what you do the way you do it. Like the small Bose knife in my pocket, this small place has all that is good and wholesome and provides me with hope for the future.

Thank you.

#53613 - 12/15/08 04:46 PM Re: This neck of the woods.... [Re: JM1]
Whiteman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
yea..What Juan said..

#53614 - 12/15/08 04:50 PM Re: This neck of the woods.... [Re: Whiteman]
MRobuck Offline
Knife Enthusiast

That was well written, Juan, and I couldn't agree more. Happy Holidays to all.

#53615 - 12/15/08 05:56 PM Re: This neck of the woods.... [Re: MRobuck]
Tony Bose Offline
Knifemaker

If it wasn't for people like you, people like me would have to get a real job. Thank you.

#53616 - 12/15/08 06:27 PM Re: This neck of the woods.... [Re: JM1]
Warren_Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Westhampton, NY
Juan,

Your words say much about the person you are. I for one appreciate your sharing your thoughts and pictures of your Tony bose collection. Thanks to you and the others on this Forum who frequently enlighten us with the best in TB knives.

Happy Holidays,
Warren

#53617 - 12/15/08 10:27 PM Re: This neck of the woods.... [Re: JM1]
seussbrother Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Juan, very well said! Me too and places like this are few and far between.

Allan

#53618 - 12/16/08 08:26 AM Re: This neck of the woods.... [Re: seussbrother]
johnbarth Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: midwest
count me in

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton