dominionhobby.com Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129125 - 06/24/15 09:45 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! * [Re: Dirty_Water]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
WoW, I have a Model 11NDP 4". Maybe the shop would like to offer this new Model as a NON Catg. LOL.

It has a nice feel and isn't butt ugly, I think Scott is right about the regrind. it appears that who ever did it, did a good job. Maybe it is a One of a Kind special order. thanks everyone for the insite. if there are any more ideas out there please weight in.
max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#129126 - 06/24/15 11:15 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: Dirty_Water]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I agree Scott. Way too mirror polished and the thumb notches portion has been altered. It started it's life as an Alaskan Skinner-4 1/2". No more!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#129127 - 06/25/15 12:04 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
What do I know.... it's not a fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!

#129128 - 06/25/15 10:06 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: tunefink]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

thank you, Tunefink, Scott and Capt Chris for the information. do you have any idea how badly the regrind devalued the knife? I may have to let it go.

max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#129129 - 06/25/15 10:40 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: maxpastor]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

This is what it should look like:

Attachments
------image002 2.jpg

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#129130 - 06/25/15 12:21 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: crutchtip]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

thank you Crutchtip, did all the Model 11's have the shorter hilt? my knife has the longer hilt like the NDP Tunefink shows on page 1. of this thread. If this knife didn't have the 4" blade it would be a dead ringer for the NDP, maybe the original owner tried to copy the NDP blade. Ruining a very nice Modell 11 in the process.

RKCC #502

#129132 - 06/25/15 01:39 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: maxpastor]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
Perhaps the owner, who made the change blades, just was not convenient ledge on the butt. I know a few people who like smooth butt, without projections that could push his hand.

Attachments
------??????????.jpg

#129133 - 06/25/15 01:46 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: desert.snake]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I remember a topic about the Thumb notch that got quite heated.
You could be right on about that, and that would make since that the blade would be shortened to accommodate the removal of the top of the notch.

RKCC #502

#129139 - 06/25/15 05:14 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: maxpastor]
Knife Enthusiast

I took me years to warm up to the deep, top cutout on the Alaskan. I preferred something more along the lines of this altered blade..."then"... No more! The shop had it right all along. Just "USE ONE" and you will fall in love with that deep, notched rear top portion of a Model #11, regardless of blade length.
The 4 1/2 " offering, along with the 5" is 1/4" stock. I prefer the 4", forged out of 3/16th myself. Try it...you'll like it!
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Examples below: #11-4" and the #28, "Woodsman", if you should "not" like the cutout...CCS

Attachments
------#11-4-STAG-Nov,2012 004.jpg

------#28-GM-NS-MBB-09-13 004.jpg

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#129140 - 06/25/15 05:17 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Nordic Special!!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Knife Enthusiast

I'm as guilty as the next guy, but we should get back to "Nordics". Should we want to show variations of "Alaskans" we could start a new thread. Should we just simply want to talk about the "way-coolness" of drop points, we could also start another thread.
Just sayin', Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod