Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#418 - 10/02/05 09:13 PM Favorite Pattern
John_Hanlon Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Looking forward to talking to you about Bose knives. What is your favorite pattern?

#419 - 10/07/05 07:40 PM Re: Favorite Pattern [Re: John_Hanlon]
Karl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Pa., USA
Five-blade Rogers Whittler. Tony made one for me--my first Bose--and it's a beauty!

#420 - 10/09/05 08:15 PM Re: Favorite Pattern [Re: Karl]
MountainMan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I am a little out of the main stream - all of my custom knives are single blade - although I may get a two blade wharncliff trapper. When I built my house in the woods two years ago I sold most of my customs and bought a new Bobcat skidloader to make my life easier. I found that I was just a slipjoint guy. I kept all my Bose knives - four that I carry and use (two single blade trappers - one old rem bone), (one rem bone gents), (one backpocket). I had a bullet R-1613 toothpick/fish knife that was mint but decided since I would never use it decided to find it a new home. So I traded it a few weeks ago for a new in box Rohrbaugh R9 pistol - worlds smallest 9mm gun that sells now for about $1000 and about a 10 month wait. Although I may have been able to sell the knife for more.

I never understood having a custom knife in a safe and carrying a $30 production knife. So I carry and use daily a Bose knife that I have seen sell for $1150. When the day is rough just running you fingers over the Bose knife makes the day a little better.

#421 - 10/23/05 05:35 PM Re: Favorite Pattern [Re: John_Hanlon]
red_river Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas
Gotta be the Pruner for me.
Although the Yukon is an awesome knife too.

Something about that Pruner though...

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton