Stanback Knives Randall Made Knife
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#23916 - 08/30/07 03:03 AM About Time I say Hello...
NechesBobcat Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spurger, TX
Hello everyone, I've been reading and looking around here for a while and thought I should speak up and say I appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from this site. I have seen knives on here more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

A little bout my self... I live in Southeast Texas. I've been using knives my whole life for every purpose under the sun. I skin about 100 critters a year, thousands of pounds of fish, and bail hay all summer long to feed cows all winter long. I put a lot of hours on my knives. Only problem is, I've always imagined that there was a better knife out there and that I would own one oneday and never have to worry about another knife.

Well I go into a hardware store pretty regularly that sales knives and lots of them so I look around and occasionaly buy a few. Not too long ago I noticed a knife in a case that caught my eye like no other. When I looked at the price I kept walking but everytime I came back into the store I went back to look and see if it was still there. Well I got really curious a while back and decided to find out who this Tony Bose fellow was who had his name on the knife and that is precisely what led me here. I have searched the internet over for every website that contains the name Bose....

I am completely amazed. I have read about the quality that each of his knives posses. Although I'm still interested in the Tony Bose Case knives in the store, I can't help but wonder how much better it would be to have the real thing. I believe I would trade every knife I own for one now. My goal is to one day have a Tony Bose Backpocket like some that I have seen on this site.

If it is possible to buy one, how would I go about doing it? Am I too late? It's not that big of a deal but what is one worth? I've still got more questions than you can shake a stick at....

#23917 - 08/30/07 07:24 AM Re: About Time I say Hello... [Re: NechesBobcat]
Tony Bose Offline
Knifemaker

Hi Bob, welcome to this site. I was in that store of Marvins last fall when they had their Case event. Did I meet you there?

#23918 - 08/30/07 08:30 AM Re: About Time I say Hello... [Re: Tony Bose]
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Loc: Terre Haute, IN
Welcome NechesBobcat

Sounds like you could use a good knife for sure. I hope you're able to find what you want.

#23919 - 08/30/07 08:54 AM Re: About Time I say Hello... [Re: kdhampton]
Kent_Warnberg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mpls, MN
Brian,

Welcome aboard! I too am rather new to this forum, and still learn Tons every time I read it. Be Careful! Tony's knives are the Best..and the sharpest that I have ever held. I am sporting bandaids on my thumb this morning..to attest to that! Was oiling up a Bose/Case Collabortive last night..a slimline trapper, and a piece of my knuckle on my L hand got knicked. Oh Well.

Tony's and Reese's knives are build to be used. I know that mine will be used alot also.

The pictures that are posted are "droolable"..And that is Good!

Kent

#23920 - 08/30/07 11:39 AM Re: About Time I say Hello... [Re: Kent_Warnberg]
NechesBobcat Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spurger, TX
Mr. Bose,

I don't believe I made it to that show. But believe me, if I would have known you were there I would have camped out on the doorstep to shake your hand. They told me you had come and it made me sick that I missed it. We have a ranch just 2 miles from the store and I stop in there everyday... sometimes twice a day. About to go right now. He has doubled the size of his knife displays since you have been there.

Anyways, I'm dead serious about wanting to get a knife from you. I'm not worried about the waiting list... the longer it takes the more money I can save up. HAHA. I said that hoping it would make me feel better but it didn't work. Thanks, Brian

#23921 - 08/30/07 11:44 AM Re: About Time I say Hello... [Re: NechesBobcat]
Blues Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC
Welcome, Bobcat!
Nobody can argue with your taste or logic when it comes to knives. (At least nobody here.)

I think you're right. There's just something a little bit extra special in a Tony or Reese Bose made knife that puts it ahead of similar knives made by very gifted makers.

For me it's the way they are able to capture the spirit and beauty of the old time knives with their incredible attention to detail in terms of pattern, scale material and blade grinds. No detail is overlooked.

I am lucky enough to own two of their knives...One by Tony, a 4 1/8" Stag BackPocket, and one by Reese, a Sowbelly in brown jigged bone.

Even luckier to have been able to spend time with them both and call them friends.

Blues' Knife Pix

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton