Randall Knife Collectors Club
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#201970 - 12/23/22 06:10 PM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Agree 100%!!!! We had it the best! Ya didn't have much so you could make stuff/fix stuff/ do stuff/get in trouble for being outside too late. Teachers had the ability to reasonably discipline when needed. I got my first light paddling in the 1st grade.... a heavier one in the 12th!!!! Parents ran a tight ship too, but we always tested the sound barrier with them. I told our kids growing up every time they left the house.... "DBS"... Don't be Stupid!!!!! Your Mother or I have already done that or tried that. Even their Friends knew the phrase. Anyways... I'm a better person for it all, and the Music was the best!!!!!!

Edited by CrazyCajun (12/23/22 06:12 PM)
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#201980 - 12/24/22 09:46 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: CrazyCajun]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Steve,
One of my teachers in fourth grade I swear had a class ring that weighed about 5 pounds!! When she hit you on the back of the head...you knew it!!!

But.back then teachers and coaches were your mentors and you could go to them with questions and problems. Trust was paramount.

And cops and courts dealt out serious punishment. None of this plea bargaining poop.

Wayne

#201992 - 12/24/22 04:57 PM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
In the 9th grade, me and some other members of the Basketball Team were runnin' the streets right before Christmas.... Got stopped by the Police for being stupid... No details.... Our head coach happened to be driving by and stopped. He convinced the cops to let him handle it. We thought we were saved! Until we all had to run 25 extra line drills every practice for the rest of the season... Not one of us quit and he went on to mentor us on other life skills!!! Thanks Coach Makovich!!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#201996 - 12/25/22 09:14 AM Re: Daisy BB guns [Re: CrazyCajun]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Steve,
Ah,yes!!!!!! Coaches!!! Screw up in class and the teacher would tell the coach.

If you were on the football team............it was a painful lesson.

Wayne

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman