Miles Swelze Clinton Knives
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200349 - 08/22/22 01:20 PM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
We occasionally see White Pelicans on Lake Quitman and in the spillway of Lake Fork behind the dam.

We also had a huge flock of Canadian Geese with some Snow Geese land on one of our pastures one day several years ago. They came and went in a hurry.

#200357 - 08/22/22 09:26 PM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: coachblalock]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The hot, dry Summer ended today.

6” of rain.

#200363 - 08/23/22 10:57 AM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: coachblalock]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
We were forecasted to get a foot of ran between Sunday and Wednesday.

So far we're just shy of 2" if you include the 4/10" we got today.

#200371 - 08/24/22 09:08 AM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

So far, we have gotten 8 and a half inches this week.

Since it was so dry, absolutely NONE of it ran off.

It sure did "green" things up!

I have not had a chance to go see if the swamp caught any water.

#200373 - 08/24/22 10:27 AM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: coachblalock]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Yesterday ended out with 6/10" of rain, which still falls under 2" for the Sunday-to-Wednesday total.

No rain expected today.

Same as you coach, ground was a sponge, no water run-off at all.

#200413 - 08/29/22 09:23 AM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

8 and a half inches of rain last week and 3 inches on Saturday.

I went over to see what the swamp looked like.

It looked dry enough going in but a couple of places were 2 feet deep.

I had worn my crocs and I started to question my own intelligence especially when I started seeing moccasins dropping in the water from the vines and weeds that had already grown over my head.

The bottom was sand so I made it all the way through without getting stuck.

If it gets back as full as it was earlier, I'll have to take my flat bottom boat to get through.

Attachments
------Swamp #3.gif

------Swamp #1.gif

------Swamp #2.gif

------Swamp #4.gif

#200415 - 08/29/22 10:09 AM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: coachblalock]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Coach, you need about 20 goats to eat up all that green!

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#200416 - 08/29/22 11:00 AM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: pappy19]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Pap:

I dont think the goats would survive in there. There are gators in there. One is about 10 feet.

During my lifetime, cows won't go in there.

It was a BIG Deal to cut a trail through it!

Coach

#200422 - 08/29/22 02:58 PM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: coachblalock]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
goats don't cost much....just keep buying them....

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#200425 - 08/29/22 08:47 PM Re: Using the dry Summer to get some trails cut. [Re: thevalueman]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I don’t think that the goats would go in there. I can’t see goats going off into water to eat.

And there are WAY too many predators that would eat the goats. (both in the water and out)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >