Nifeboy.com James Behring Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199649 - 07/14/22 06:43 AM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: tomthbomb]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Happens to me all the time....don't let it worry you...
:-)Rocky
Originally Posted By: tomthbomb
I check in every couple of days. I killed the " Dirty Water's Lounge - The Bad, Ugly and Political at Knife Talk Forums" with my "Stainless Steel prices" post. I'm kinda gun shy now.

The "Knives of the week Model’s #1-#28" is the most usefull RMK subject on the internet.
RKCC#25

#199650 - 07/14/22 08:23 AM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: thevalueman]
505Gibbs Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Suburban Deeeetroit
A - check in at least 4-5 times a week.
RKCC# CM-068

#199654 - 07/14/22 10:41 AM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: 505Gibbs]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

So, it looks like most users of the Forum are passive participants but do benefit and appreciate having it available.

Good to have an authoritative resource like this.

And avoid various forms of vituperative and lunacy that can dominate online in some other venues.

Just my $.02 for what it is worth.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#199685 - 07/16/22 05:42 AM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: LarryWW1246]
Kirko Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ladue,Missouri
Get rid of all the weird sub forums like tents and whatever run as one page for everything and have a sale corner ..... Way to stuffy and boring

#199690 - 07/16/22 11:09 AM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: Kirko]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
Looks to me that "Tents and whatever" out posts all the buy/sell forums combined! I am not a camper by any means (my idea of roughing it is a hotel room w/o cable!) But, I enjoy living vicariously through those that do!

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#199691 - 07/16/22 12:28 PM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: Dirty_Water]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I will throw my .02 in. Why? Cuz I usually do.

This site has become, imo, more of one for reference than one about participation.

While we all have our opinions on FB (I am not a fan) and elect to participate or not, it has become the "go to" place for Randall enthusiasts. The vast majority I see are "newer" guys. There is a lot of posting of photos, and an abundance of phishing for "attaboy's" from the newer guys as well as some "seasoned" guys. Kinda lame.

I try to point fellows over there to join here and search for things when they ask questions, but people are friggin lazy. They want info now, and have little interest in researching anything on their own. You see the same questions asked or the "I heard"'s over and over and over. Just an observation.

I will offer fb is easier to operate in some respects, while the software of this site is antiquated by about 10-15 years.

This site could use an overhaul, but it would cost a few bucks. I don't know if it is worth it to the owner other than a labor of love.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#199693 - 07/16/22 01:31 PM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: crutchtip]
Uncle Mike Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wisconsin
Hi, this is a good place for me. I've bought a knife here and I've learned about different dealers. Discovered the Captain and like his stuff. I learned about the Spring sale and luckily got 2 Randalls, that I wanted. I got to join the RKCC and have learned a lot. Who says you can't teach a old dog new tricks. All in all it's been a plus, plus for me .Bottom line I like the guys here and enjoy their posts, Regards, Mike

Mike C
RKCC No. 825

#199697 - 07/16/22 02:50 PM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: mic214]
RUTROW Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: TX
Originally Posted By: mic214
Originally Posted By: tomthbomb
I check in every couple of days. I killed the " Dirty Water's Lounge - The Bad, Ugly and Political at Knife Talk Forums" with my "Stainless Steel prices" post. I'm kinda gun shy now.

The "Knives of the week Model’s #1-#28" is the most usefull RMK subject on the internet.

Agreed…..I’m a big fan of the Knives of the Week threads!

yes ...it is the best, period

#199699 - 07/16/22 03:12 PM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: RUTROW]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I suspect Capt. Chris gets concerned when things go into a lull on here.

It doesn't mean it isn't a valued and valuable resource and web site, just that most viewers don't get in the mix very often.

I remember the days when there were lots of shout downs, put downs, and raw energy at work here. Some of that was due to strong personalities asserting themselves, some due to simple disagreements over facts that could be resolved. It took some strong moderation to try and keep people "in bounds," when all that was required was mutual consideration and civility. That required a greater expenditure of energy and time for the moderators.

It is less contentious recently, and so a bit more quiet.

That does not mean it is not a valuable resource.

While it could be livelier, the owners have to decide what it means to them to keep it up and running.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#199700 - 07/16/22 03:21 PM Re: Just Curious?? [Re: LarryWW1246]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

A thought...

If the goal is to get more overt participation on the Forum, what about doing some offerings intended solely for Forum members?

We do the builds, but that results in one knife to be purchased or won by one of a number of Forum members.

Occasionally offering something not otherwise available might attract more people to the Forum and could help stimulate more overt participation on here.

Example: We just went through designing a build...what if everybody who participated would be qualified to buy one of the knives, and the knives would be engraved to reflect their uniqueness as a Forum build?

I'm sure this would entail some scrambling and extra work for people who make and sell the knives...but it may be something to consider.

Larry

Edited by LarryWW1246 (07/16/22 03:23 PM)
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod