Randall Made Knife Clinton Knives
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#199262 - 06/06/22 02:47 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Shoot870p]
Uncle Mike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wisconsin
Hi, I was never a fan of the AR 7 and the old Charter Arms had problems. If I was going to carry a take down 22 rifle I vote for the Marlin 39 with peep sights. Since I carry a 38 I load shells for small game, like inverted wad cutters. You can't be all things to every situation and neither can your equipment. Just my take, regards, Mike

Mike C
RKCC No. 825

#199263 - 06/06/22 06:02 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Uncle Mike]
Brent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mid Michigan
I bought a Charter Arms AR-7 when I was 18, nothing but trouble. The memories of that keep me from even trying the Henry version. I also carry a .38 in the woods. I use +p jacketed hollow points in the gun, 2 speed loaders with standard velocity lead round nose, and a box of CCI shotshells just because. Haven't been able to find wadcutters in my neck of woods yet.

#199265 - 06/06/22 09:38 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Brent]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

My Henry “seems” better that the old ar-7s but maybe I hit it lucky. It seems to like the cci rounds better though. I have to say it is NOT like my Ruger mk Il.
Walker

#199282 - 06/07/22 06:13 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Shoot870p]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
When Armalite first casme out with the SR-7,it wasn't very good.
Then in '74,Charter Arms took over the manufacturing of it and there were no improvements.

Henry took over the rights and made several notable improvements.
A total different piece.

The 38 spl is a nice "woods walking' piece. Pretty much can handle most anything.

Wayne

#200374 - 08/24/22 10:35 AM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Uncle Mike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hi What happened to this discussion? I was thinking what would be a good "truck Gun" ? What I mean by this is a long gun rifle or shotgun. I used to carry an M1-a1 Paratrooper carbine. These have become so expensive I hesitate to carry this. I was thinking of a AK under folder but these are expensive/scarce too. This is a good excuse to buy a new gun, regards, Mike

Mike C
RKCC No. 825

#200375 - 08/24/22 11:35 AM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Uncle Mike]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: Uncle Mike
I used to carry an M1-a1 Paratrooper carbine. These have become so expensive I hesitate to carry this.

You can get aftermarket paratrooper stocks if you don't want to beat up an old USGI stock.

My monstrosity wrapped around an Underwood M1 Carbine.

Shoots well enough. smile

#200376 - 08/24/22 03:02 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Windsor]
Uncle Mike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hi Rob, I tried an aftermarket stock and it was not too good. It was wobbly when open. That is a nice looking set up, regards, MIKE

Mike C
RKCC No. 825

#200377 - 08/24/22 03:10 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Uncle Mike]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Here is My "Truck Gun" when I was in High School and College.

12ga. 3" Magnum 00 Buck or Slug.

Attachments
------Shotgun.jpeg

#202707 - 01/20/23 10:34 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Uncle Mike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Hey everybody:
I'm shut down on house arrest, due to a cold I brought back from the Bama woods. It could be Covid, "BUT" I have run no temperature and all signs appear to be just a cold. Still: I have put myself on house arrest until my Dr. gets back from "vacation"!
All this leads to "this": It has been quite a long time since we addressed this so let's re-visit...our "PACK"! More correctly, what you would take "on" you, "with" you "AND in your pack. I'll lean on Tony & Peter a bit on this because, for the past decade, my idea of "roughing it" has been a hotel without a hot tub!
None-the-less, I've done my share of packing and, God knows, hunting. I'll build a pack, along with you and your help, for "nowadays". Nowadays we have to consider Covid, riots and all kinds of unknown variances.
SO: What would you take? Mandatory rules:
* At least 2 knives, one "having" to be a Randall!
* At least 1 firearm
* No forum or website "cross-foruming" as that is against our forum's rules
...The rest? We'll make it up as we go...Sound good to all y'all? It's fixin' to get better. "Everybody" who joins in on the discussion will be eligible for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize drawing at the end of the build. One raffle number per each entrant..."PLUS"...one additional raffle number if you include a photo during the duration of this "build". (Well: We are "building" a survival rig...right?)
So: What's this about "prizes"? That's correct. No money ($$$) actual "GIVEAWAY" prizes...and here's what they are:

3rd prize: A Schrade "Old Timer" Model #MA2S. It's a new version of the old classic. This one is in a bead-blade stainless, lockback, 50/50 Trailing point blade (Half serrated/ Half standard)...complete with a nylon belt sheath!

2nd prize: A Remington Model #R1615T! Great fish-n-kitchen helper! A bit hard-to-find, as it is one of the LTD. series produced each year, this one in 2001!

1st prize: Yep: Why not? A brand-ass new Randall "Triathlete"! I just un-wrapped it for it's "close-up"!

OK: So...WHO's IN?
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris

Hi, Did I win this contest ? Regards, Mike

Mike C
RKCC No. 825

#202708 - 01/20/23 10:49 PM Re: Let's get "packin'...!!! [Re: Uncle Mike]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Count me in!! Not only have I had my hunting Day Pack for 60+ years, but for all of my grandkids, I gave them all a hunting day pack on their 12th birthday. Then for Christmas and birthdays, I gave them "stuff" for their day packs. They all have Randalls, plus things they can use for emergency and normal situations.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >