Stanback Knives Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#197418 - 01/20/22 09:32 AM Model 10 grind question
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thinking about the purpose of the Model 10 (and the Carving Set knife), has any thought been given to a single-side grind, with the bevel being applied only to the side opposite the trademark?

For a right-hand user, that would result in the trademark side of the blade being flat and maybe helping to keep cuts aligned with the flat side of the blade.

I have not seen this on any commercial knives, and don't know if anybody has experimented with it.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#197438 - 01/20/22 03:52 PM Re: Model 10 grind question [Re: LarryWW1246]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
I know it's a common thing in sushi knives....for thin, precise slices....don't know about regular use

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#197504 - 01/22/22 07:52 PM Re: Model 10 grind question [Re: thevalueman]
JerryG Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: WI
A chisel grind? Emerson is the only commercial maker I'm aware of that does this. CQC 7 is beveled on the trademark side, as I right hander I don't find it to work that well. I have a few from a custom maker, chisel ground was his claim to fame so to speak IIRC, beveled on the non trademark side and these, I find, work quite well. They're more of a woods knife, marketed as bushcrafters, but I have used them on game.

Moderator:  Mr_Mod