Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196479 - 11/25/21 11:31 AM Re: CMP 1911 [Re: Uncle Mike]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: Uncle Mike
Originally Posted By: Windsor
Very nice. If I read your post right, your frame and slide manufacturer match.

I was lucky enough to get my number drawn in the first round held by the CMP. I also chose the most expensive of the three grades.

My slide and frame don't match on the manufacturers, however -- 1945 Remington Rand frame, Ithaca slide, HS barrel.

Hi, my cousin got a Remington Frame (1943) and a Colt " Hard Slide " (1950's). Hard Slide's were Colt commercial slides purchased by the US Govt. The frame has a "BH" mark that was used by the Austrian Army after the War. He was very disappointed; I don't know what he expected. I think it's a great and interesting pistol. regards, Mike

Heck, I'd be tickled pink to get markings that would indicate where it had been deployed.

#196481 - 11/25/21 06:40 PM Re: CMP 1911 [Re: Windsor]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Rob,
I bet many Military guns have interesting histories.

Back in '57,my Mother purchased a new commercial grade 1911a1 for my Father for Christmas.

She paid $85. dollars for it. Peters hardball ammo was about $6.00 a box of 50 and military surplus steel cased ammo went for about $1.00 a box of 50.

They said that the steel cased ammo was hard on extractors but the one on my Father's did not break. The steel cased ammo was corrosive primed so hot water or Hoppes #9 was used for immediate clean up.

Wayne

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman