Miles Swelze Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195811 - 09/27/21 10:47 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: tomthbomb]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Hey Tom,

That is great news.

Cheers,

Alan
RKS#5531

#195812 - 09/28/21 08:45 AM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: alan_grombacher]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
Praise God!
RKS#2166

#195838 - 10/01/21 08:45 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: Ronnie]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I was at the shop today and talked to Dano, as well as receiving a text from Gail. Scott is improving, has a new Dr. on the team and actually stood a couple of times today for a minute or so!
This is all good news but Dano & Gail ask for your continued prayers as they all work through this.
Also: While you're at it, throw in a couple for "The Brazells", family friends of the Maynards, who are going through a like situation, in the same ICU!!
Thanks, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#195839 - 10/01/21 09:44 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Continued prayers from East Texas!!!

#195840 - 10/01/21 11:36 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
GHD Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: North Pole, Alaska
Continued prayers from the Last Frontier.

Attachments
------images (2).jpg

#195873 - 10/08/21 03:47 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: GHD]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
My apologies everyone but I have been "on the road" and rectifying my computer issues. This is the latest I have heard from Dano, albeit a couple of days old news.
Scott has taken a swallow test. No details as to the exact results but they (ICU people) started him on chewing ice chips & sucking on lemon wedges (to start salivary glands). He went through 2 pitchers of ice chips the 1st day! The Dr. passed Scott and the swallow test (duh) as he was able to swallow everything with ease!
Feeding tube you ask? It's gone! Scott is eating 3 meals a day and they have started to release him from some of his meds! He was on 1 antibiotic (which has now ended) and is starting probiotics to get has body back on track. Now...I ain't no Doctor but "Pro" verses "Anti" sound just great to me!
Scott is also communicating more, standing a bit and sitting on the side of his bed. He is still on anxiety meds, 3 times per day to keep him leveled as he continues physical therapy and he is also on baby aspirin for his blood clot.
He has been taken off antibiotics and other meds for the diabetes since he's showing normal signs now and no diabetic history prior.
Lastly, Dano told me it has been a very emotional week this past week for Scott....but in a good way! He was in tears when as he was surrounded by nurses, student nurses, doctors and friends as they removed his feeding tube from his nose. He has also been more verbal now as he is starting to communicate his feeling of lost time and what he had gone through mentally as he's been healing.
Scott was also in tears as Sunday he watched an online church service and heard familiar voices he hasn't in a long time.
Scott's physical therapy is going well and he is moving his arms and legs everyday. He will be undergoing shrinking of his Trach hole & as it gets smaller they will be able to close it up and he can breathe on his own. Overall an emotional week for sure. Awesome was Dano's word for it.
Please keep The Maynard's friends, The Brazell family in your prayers. Their Father was in ICU and passed away this past Saturday morning. Keep up all of your prayers and thanks for everyone.
Dano & Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#195874 - 10/08/21 03:55 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
BOB_TEATES Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: BRADENTON FL
That is Great news. Thank you for the update
RKS #5138 RKCC #CM-015

#195875 - 10/08/21 03:57 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Thanks, Cap for this very moving post. Our prayers are still with Scott and his family and with the Brazell family.
RKS #4868

#195876 - 10/08/21 05:21 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: tomthbomb]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Thanks, Capt. Answered prayers for sure!

#195877 - 10/08/21 07:06 PM Re: RMK Museum Closed [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tglassco Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gator Country
Thanks Capt. Chris. That is indeed awesome news. Still praying for a complete recovery.
RKS #5553

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod