Stanback Knives Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 17 of 35 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195198 - 08/16/21 10:59 AM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: thevalueman]
Kirko Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ladue,Missouri
Originally Posted By: thevalueman
Capt...I hope the build doesn't get dropped. These are fun, and interesting. I think that as the build gets along, folks drop out, as they do not care for an option that has been set...I know that's the way I go...it's a great knife...BUT these are expensive, and if it's not to your liking, then they step aside...I for one, don't want to keep participating in the build when I know that at the end, I'm not going to be asking/paying for numbers. I don't think that would be fair to the others either. I've been watching, BUT like I said, at the end, I don't think that I'll be asking for numbers...so...I simply watch.
:-)Rocky
Yes, that is how I approach it. I hope the build will go in my direction. This build I wanted the GTR Special , with that said the Stanaback Special was somerhing I really like , but the 4 5/8 blade and stag handle I am not a fan of , I love the builds !

#195210 - 08/16/21 07:32 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: Kirko]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Fair is Fair.

Hey Capt' I know I voted stag in this round... But... (I know you like dat word) could we get @3 looks at some of the way back in storage CW pieces to liven dis gumbo up????????
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#195211 - 08/16/21 07:41 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: CrazyCajun]
rodbrown Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I am not in on this build. Not much of a new knife person.

But I have been following the build. One suggestion was similar to a knife I have:
NSH, BL & Al spacers, slab sided stag, finger grips, thong hole and NS plate.

Attachments
------2EF81FEB-3302-4006-9164-08CD987FBBB5.jpeg

------312F8D91-E3E2-4787-B1C4-DAEB0FBA8715.jpeg

The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” — Nelson Mandela

#195212 - 08/16/21 08:02 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: rodbrown]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have/had no idea of any raffle/auction on this knife. I simply wanted to generate-n-educate on what can...and cannot be built & show some novices another "way to go"...so to speak. Thanks for your candid input. I appreciate honesty and challenge each and every one of you to look past your personal agendas, if the build doesn't go your way, and hang in there for the vast amount of "others" who may benefit from additional ideas and opinions.
For example: If you didn't want a Stanaback Special built because:
* Too expensive
* Wrong blade steel for you
* Too heavy for your usage
* Etc...
Others could get an education and learn something from that! Same holds true if you "like" a SSP. List the "pros"...
Just sayin',
Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#195213 - 08/16/21 08:40 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
I have a 4 in 25th Anniversary SSP with COA in stag slab side
NS1-BA Wrist thong-No finger grips. SSP is a great carry and
working knife.Like any Randall it cuts 3 ways!!!!
Wide,Deep and Repeatly.

Edited by Billy Poyner (08/16/21 08:47 PM)

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#195214 - 08/16/21 08:44 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
thevalueman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
I simply figured that, at the end, the built knife was going to be offered to someone that participated in the build, as has been done in the past. Sorry if this is not going to happen here. I should not have assumed.
I do like the slab side!!
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#195215 - 08/16/21 08:50 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: thevalueman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

It'll be offered Rocky. I'm just not wanting members to pay into a lottery they are really not interested in winning and still yet standing a good chance to come out empty-handed.
We'll figure something out.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#195222 - 08/16/21 10:44 PM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
JerryG Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: WI
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
It's looking like stag but I find it interesting that on this topic we have:
* Almost 4,600 "views"
* Only 150 or so "posts"
* Less than "30" active votes going on.
I am growing quite sick of carrying all the water folks! I'll give this til Monday night and, if there is not a "significant" increase in participation...it's gone!
Capt. Chris

I have to admit, I'm one of the 4600 views. The way I saw this one is I arrived too late to the party, so I "lurked" on the shadows. Maybe I should have, or still can, jump in. Seems a bit disrespectful in my eyes to get in towards the end and possibly take the prize from someone who has contributed from the start.

Thanks Capt for pulling the weight on these builds. It's greatly appreciated, even if us "lurkers" don't get involved as much as we could, or should. Always a great learning experience!

#195224 - 08/17/21 12:21 AM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: JerryG]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Jerry
It's not finished yet.Get on board with your thoughts.

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#195228 - 08/17/21 07:58 AM Re: Custom RMK..."Off the Menu"...??? [Re: Billy Poyner]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Billy, I have a 25th "4 very similar in Thuya!!!RH Finger grooves no WT. It too.... wide deep, repeatedly!!!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

Page 17 of 35 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod