Nifeboy.com Clinton Knives
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194381 - 06/06/21 11:57 AM Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas

#194382 - 06/06/21 12:30 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Good deal, Coach! Congrats, maybe more to follow
Walker

#194383 - 06/06/21 12:35 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: Shoot870p]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
great news

we recently got that here in Utah too

and it looks like the modern sporting rifle ban in California is overturned

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#194419 - 06/08/21 03:37 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Hope I can keep my LTC, 'cause I really like the option of not needing a NICS call-in when I buy a boom-boom.

#194424 - 06/08/21 07:56 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Me too!

Also,,,

There are some places in Texas that I definitely do not want to go now!

Edited by coachblalock (06/08/21 08:00 PM)

#194427 - 06/08/21 10:32 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: coachblalock]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
I have had a Texas concealed carry permit since the first year it was made available. I took the renewal courses until I was grandfathered in or they went away, I'm not sure which. I always learned something each time.

I agree with constitutional carry but I wonder how many Texans that have not been educated with the law will know where carry is not permitted?

Bars and other businesses that make 51% of their receipts from alcohol
Schools
Sporting events and horse or dog races
Polling places
Airports
Courtrooms
Jails and prisons
Government buildings
Hospitals
Federal property and national park buildings (that includes the San Antonio Missions and The Alamo)
Private businesses or land in which the owner has signage posted outlawing weapons

Just an aside from this, I have a friend who is a devowed atheist. When we were discussing constitutional carry he told me it was a God-given right. Go figure.

One more observation on the prohibited list above.

In 2014 the famous William Barrett Travis letter was brought back to the Alamo for the first time since he sent it out in 1836 was to be placed on view to the public. I had to go to see it and looked at the Alamo website for details. There was a list of prohibited objects that were not allowed into the Alamo during the exhibit. One was firearms except for licensed concealed carry permit holders. It was in March and the weather was cold so I carried my weapon in a shoulder holster under a leather jacket. There were two sheriff deputies with metal detectors wands checking everyone entering the Alamo chapel. Before the deputy could wand me I handed her my driver's license and carry permit. She asked where my weapon was and I told her. She turned off her wand and proceeded to pass it over me. How cool is that?

RKS #4868

#194429 - 06/08/21 11:26 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: tomthbomb]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I’ve also had my permit since they first became available.

We have a Constable who teaches the course. Over the years, I’ve heard some very dumb comments and questions from some of the people in there. Our Constable has always been very patient with them. I wonder now, who will answer those folk’s questions.

Also, I would hate to be a L.E.O. nowadays. There will be many that ain’t supposed to carry that will carry anyhow.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve carried since I was 16. (12 ga. DB with 20” barrels in those days). But I was glad to know that not just anyone could.

It’s gonna be interesting!

#194430 - 06/09/21 06:21 AM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Tom, that sure was cool! Great way to handle the situation.
Catch, you are correct that some will carry that should not.
Walker

#194435 - 06/09/21 10:48 PM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: Shoot870p]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Walker,

They are probably already carrying.
RKS #4868

#194437 - 06/10/21 02:45 AM Re: Constitutional Carry Passed in Texas [Re: tomthbomb]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

Absolutely.
Walker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman