Stanback Knives Randall Knife Collectors Club
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#193395 - 03/25/21 07:23 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: Sidney_Redford]
coachblalock Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Thanks guys. It was fun!

They said that we had a bad storm last night, but I never knew about it.

My daughters got me a FitBit watch for Christmas and it said I got a 96 sleep score last night.

#193400 - 03/25/21 09:44 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: coachblalock]
Shoot870p Online
Knife Enthusiast

That is a nice rack of wood for sure. Lots of sweat in there! Is this just heating wood or is it for cooking too?
Walker

#193403 - 03/25/21 10:51 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: Shoot870p]
coachblalock Online
Knife Enthusiast

Walker:

All of this wood came from a huge Post Oak tree that had blown over last Fall. I’ll use this to heat with next year.

I’ve got another stack of Red Oak that I cook with. It came from two big Red Oaks that had blown over in 2018. It was about the same size as this stack but I had to burn about half of it this year.

I’ve got another big Red Oak blown over out in the woods. I hope to be able to limb it and snake the log closer up to the house. If I can keep it off the ground, it will keep fine until I can cut it up and split it next winter.

Coach

#193872 - 04/24/21 02:25 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: coachblalock]
coachblalock Online
Knife Enthusiast

I have been taking advantage of the COOL weather this week (highs in the 60s) to do me some logging! Not so easy to do by myself.

If anybody is looking for a "Career Opportunity" as a logger's helper, the work is hard, the pay is low, the Boss is an A$$#0LE, but the food is good!

Attachments
------Big Log next to 4-wheeler.gif

------Big Log Length wise.gif

------All logs 4-23-21.gif

#193876 - 04/24/21 05:10 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: coachblalock]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: coachblalock

"Boy, fetch me a wedge and a maul. Also, run and tell momma I'll be a little late for dinner."

#193884 - 04/24/21 08:52 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Online
Knife Enthusiast

I’ve got 2 more sections of that BIG Pin Oak cut down in the Bottom.

I’ll have to let it dry out some before I can get them out.

I liked to have not made it out with the first one.

#193894 - 04/25/21 09:48 AM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: coachblalock]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
That's some nice fire wood Coach!! Cutting firewood warms you many times before it gets to the stove or fireplace.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#193897 - 04/25/21 12:50 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: pappy19]
coachblalock Online
Knife Enthusiast

Pap:

You right! That is why I took advantage of the cool weather.

Firewood was going for $300 a cord in Dallas back in the Winter. I wouldn’t mind having 3 or 4 extra cords laying around next Fall. That could be a new Randall knife!

Coach

#193902 - 04/25/21 04:05 PM Re: Alternative forms of Outdoor Recreation! [Re: coachblalock]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Some enterprising kids were selling it at $2/stick in Van Alstyne during the "Big Freeze."

I got mixed feelings on that but for the most part I think if you didn't prepare (we were given more than a week warning), you kinda earned the right to pay that price.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3