Page 55 of 56 < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198468 - 03/11/22 03:15 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: pappy19]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Wayne:

It has a hammer. Makes for a good safety for a kid. I learned a long time ago to shoot it from the hip and NOT the shoulder!

Pappy:

Our Coyotes help keep the gophers, moles, rats and mice down. We have 9 cats right now and we have never lost one to the coyotes. That's not to say that they might come up on the porch and eat their food when the dogs are sleeping in the shop.

Coach

#198469 - 03/11/22 04:21 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: coachblalock]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Coach
Our coyotes are bad on deer and antelope fawns, not to mention lambs. We have real Government trappers where they are really bad.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#198477 - 03/12/22 09:40 AM Re: Hand Guns [Re: pappy19]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Coach,
Being that you have a flashlight on it,I guess it works pretty well shooting from the hip!!

Now,I am thinking of getting another Bond Arms Derringer. This one is listed as a "Roughneck" in 45 acp.

I already have a Texas Defender with 9 different bbls for it.

Any comments??

Wayne

Wayne

#198479 - 03/12/22 01:10 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Wayne:

Shooting 3” magnums from the shoulder with this gun is self harm!

Back in the 60s & 70s all of our quail were in the woods and briar thickets. I would shoot the covey rise from the hip.

Like I said, I killed 6 deer with it using OO Buck and Slugs. I shot those from the shoulder and hurt myself almost as bad as the deer.

I put the light on it when my youngest daughter was in Law School in New Orleans and having to live in the ghetto. She kept it next to her bed. Thankfully, she never had to use it.

On the day she moved in, she made friends with the “pusher” next door. She told him that if he needed any legal help, she could help if he would keep a lookout for her. A couple weeks later, he got raided and she got one of her profs to help get him out.

After that, he told her that he would watch her place day & night and that nothing would happen to her or her stuff. He told her: “I run this ‘hood!” She helped him out a few times more and he kept his word.

.45acp would be nice.

Coach

#198482 - 03/12/22 02:40 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: coachblalock]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
quail from the hip...VERY impressive

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#198492 - 03/12/22 04:47 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: thevalueman]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Like I said, on the covey rise. Not individual birds very often.

#198495 - 03/12/22 05:46 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: coachblalock]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,
A 3 inch magnum is,indeed,quite punishing and looking at the photo of that gun,I see that it looks like there is no recoil pad.

Reminds me of an acquaintance of mine in NC,that uses a singleshot 10 gauge for turkey hunting. I assume that it does have a recoil pad,but Irregardless that has to hurt................a lot.

Sounds like your daughter made the right friend at the time for the situation she was in.

Wayne

#198514 - 03/13/22 04:14 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Wayne:

She’s got some guts, that’s for sure!

When she finished her freshman year at the University of Texas, she came home and told me that she was going to Europe for her sophomore year. She said she would take her classes online.

I told her that I did not have that kind of money and that if she got into some kind of trouble over there, we had 3 other kids and we could not help her. She showed me her bank account of $60,000 and told me that it was from her grants, scholarships, and work.

She went to Rotterdam, Holland and worked as an Au Pair (nanny) for a couple and their 2 little girls. They paid her a salary and furnished her with Eurail pass that was good for all over Europe.

She went all over Europe while she was there even Turkey, and tried to get into Syria but could not cross the border. She did go to Poland but I don’t think she made it to Ukraine.

Later, when she visited my son in Japan, she bought a ticket on a ferry to North Korea. We were relieved when the ferry trip got canceled that day because of the weather.

When she graduated from the University of Texas, every continent except for Antarctica was represented at her reception dinner at The Oasis in Austin.

She is a corporate attorney now in North Dallas. She is 32, married, has a 2 year old and is 9 months pregnant with her 2nd. She says she wants 2 more. She makes more money in a year than I make in 10. (or more)

She brought my old shotgun back because now she carries a Sig P320 in her purse. She can out shoot all of us. I told her husband once after we did some shooting out here to be careful and not make her mad. He replied: “For LOTS of reasons!”

Coach

Edited by coachblalock (03/13/22 04:16 PM)

#198520 - 03/13/22 06:27 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: coachblalock]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,
North Korea???? Yipes!!!!

And yes,never make a woman mad at you!!! It can hurt in many ways!!

Wayne

#198523 - 03/13/22 10:52 PM Re: Hand Guns [Re: Wayne Dengler]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Wow Coach, she is no doubt a very special lady. Great story.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

Page 55 of 56 < 1 2 ... 53 54 55 56 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman