Stanback Knives
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190651 - 11/08/20 10:58 AM Got Ammo??
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
In case you haven't noticed, ammo is again getting scarce, no matter the caliber or guage. Those mail order ammo companies like Ammo To Go, Cheaper Than Dirt, Ammo Depot, etc, still have some, but very expensive. That being said, it still may be a good deal, considering there may be an even lessening supply in the next couple of years. Plus, the new Pres could shut off all mail order ammunition sales.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#190652 - 11/08/20 11:02 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: pappy19]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: pappy19
Plus, the new Pres could shut off all mail order ammunition sales.
Pap

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings, and best I’ve heard she hasn’t sung yet mad

#190653 - 11/08/20 11:50 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: Michael_Mason]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I get it Mike...and Mike...but, so far, Trump's allegations and state-filed lawsuits have "all" been rejected as frivolous and unfounded...(4 states: Az. N.C. Wisconsin and Michigan).
Also: It is my understanding that...for some time now...all ammo ordered from these places had/has to go to an FFL? Have you heard differently? Georgia Arms. I believe, has that policy.
Let's all pray that the Senate remains "red"...that was O'Biden (or anyone else) can't write blank checks or opposing legislation.
Let me know if I am off-base...Just telling ya'll what I've heard.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#190654 - 11/08/20 11:51 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Knife Enthusiast

PS: Let's keep discussions here B,B & B related or else we best all go to the "lounge".
CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#190655 - 11/08/20 12:11 PM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
I’ll only, and ever, quote myself here as that way I’m always 100% sure that what I’m saying is the truth......no “heard from my buddy.” The only two buddies I’ll ever hear from and quote are my ears &/or eyes. That being said, I’m certain that some mail order hunting/fishing/outdoors gear supply companies continue to sell directly to the consumer,without FFL, as I’ve purchased directly 500 rounds of two different types of ammo, from two different companies, from 2 different states. Took receipt within past week and no shipping cost with either (sweet!!)
Anyway, just wanted to add my own info. as I know it.
AND ......BTW, what an incredibly beautiful day here in Southwest VA.....sun’s a shining beautiful, gentle warm breeze in November....makes one grateful to be alive and want to treat kindly his fellow human being.
Don’t ya think?
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#190659 - 11/08/20 06:33 PM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: Duke]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
I've bought thousands of rounds from ammunition sellers that ship directly to my door. The last being Ammo Depot and Cheaper Than Dirt before that. You only have to prove that you are over 21. No signature needed at delivery either.Ammo To Go in Texas is another company I have used in the past. Their inventory changes almost daily, so it takes some web maneuvering to get what you want.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#190743 - 11/12/20 08:50 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: pappy19]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
I've not heard the FFL thing....YET
I've got a buddy that buys ammo....I mean HE BUYS AMMO!!! not heard him mention that....his fear it taxing the ammo....
ME...I've got "enough"...BUT who knows....I've gotten interested in 9mm....so, I'm kind of tracking that....I used to buy it at around .15-.17 per round....it's, for the most part, gone to .60-.80 per round right now, and appears to me, to still be rising....steal case, of course is different
going to get wild out there.....
PS...I think that the FFL thing is a California thing....I think

:-)Rocky

Edited by thevalueman (11/12/20 08:52 AM)
RKCC#25

#190745 - 11/12/20 09:36 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: thevalueman]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Started reloading 5-6 years ago due to the Obama Man regime. Best thing I ever did. Although friends say it is getting hard to find powder, primers and bullets!

Never have enough bullets...

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#190746 - 11/12/20 10:02 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: GCTom41]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
I have ordered 1000's of rounds through the mail and never had it go to FFL. One time when we had a little snow on the ground UPS left a box with a large amount of ammo at the end of my driveway which is a long way from the house and he set it beside my trashcan and it happened to be pickup day for the trash if I hadn't gone out early and found it the trash man would have picked it up. Right now I have plenty on hand and it may turn out to be better than gold!
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#190747 - 11/12/20 10:30 AM Re: Got Ammo?? [Re: Sidney_Redford]
Knife Enthusiast

I just bought a case of Winchester 200 Gr. JSP, in 358 Winchester from a group "Target" something that I found doing a search. It is "on the way"...no entanglements...yet! I'm sure it all depends upon the distributor and (perhaps) where they're located of just their policy.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Because...Ya' just cannot have enough 358 Winchester! Wilson Combat even makes an AR-10 in 358! How 'bout that?
CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman