Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190494 - 10/22/20 04:29 PM New Randall incoming
DeltaMike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Long Island, NY
About two and a half months ago I bought my first RMK, it was a 25-5 stag and I joined this forum at the same time and started a thread about it. I purchased it from Buxton knives and after speaking to Wayne Buxton and David Buxton they informed me they had one in stock and ready to ship, the price was the kicker, Orlando priced plus a small charge for shipping. I jumped on it right away. It was delivered quickly and the 25 was flawless and speaking to David thanking him for his help I got around to mentioning a model 1. He told me they don’t have any in stock but would be glad to give me a call when he gets them in. He asked what features I wanted so I told him a 1-8 stainless and the rest just your basic leather handled model 1, simple perfection. He told me he would call when it came in and we hung up and I forgot all about it.

Now last week( less then 3 months from speaking to him) I got a call from David and he has one with my name on it. I was taken by surprise as I wasn’t expecting a call so quickly, I was thinking many more months before I would hear from him. Of course I sent him payment and he called today to tell me it’s on it way and it should arrive by next Tuesday.

I have to say how good a company Buxton Knives is to do business with. Professional, knowledgeable and priced right. I’ll be talking to them again for my next RMK before too long.

Edited by DeltaMike (10/22/20 08:41 PM)

#190495 - 10/22/20 04:59 PM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: DeltaMike]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Yeah, Wayne's a good guy, as a lot of dealers are.

#190496 - 10/22/20 06:11 PM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: Windsor]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lincolnshire,England
Snap.
My first 2 Randall’s,a model 25 - 5 stag followed a few months later by a Classic model 1 - 8 standard stacked leather,the foundations of any good RMK collection. smile

Edited by Neale_Jenkinson (10/22/20 06:12 PM)

#190499 - 10/22/20 08:19 PM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
DeltaMike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Neale_Jenkinson
Snap.
My first 2 Randall’s,a model 25 - 5 stag followed a few months later by a Classic model 1 - 8 standard stacked leather,the foundations of any good RMK collection. smile

That’s funny. Great minds think alike, even across the pond. grin
Those are the two I knew I had to get, number three will be a harder decision. What’s your next?

Edited by DeltaMike (10/22/20 08:20 PM)

#190500 - 10/23/20 03:40 AM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: DeltaMike]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lincolnshire,England
Originally Posted By: DeltaMike
Originally Posted By: Neale_Jenkinson
Snap.

That’s funny. Great minds think alike, even across the pond. grin
Those are the two I knew I had to get, number three will be a harder decision. What’s your next?

The next knife I got was a model 27,the cabinet/collection is pretty full now but I do have a model 5-4 walnut on order which will be ready next time I visit the shop,whenever we can fly safely again !

#190502 - 10/23/20 07:36 AM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
DeltaMike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

27 is a beauty. 5, 26 or 27m is the basic direction I leaning right now. Perfect size for every day carry.

#190548 - 10/28/20 02:55 PM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: DeltaMike]
DeltaMike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The 1 was delivered yesterday and it’s a beautiful piece of functional art I must say. Just for the heck of it I took a couple pics of it to text to a couple of friends and family. I figured I’d take out my current issue USMC OSC3S bayonet to put alongside for a couple pics and when I did I realized that the blade on the military knife is a damn near copy of the Randall. Both Blade lengths are 8” give or take an 1/8”, blade shape is very similar, almost exact clones, sledge sharpened to the same point, widths and thickness are close enough to each other. The only things that really stand out( blade wise) differently is the black phosphate finish and serrated section on the OSC.

Looks like Mr Randall really knew what he was doing when he hammered out his first fighting knife. Many decades later it’s still a winning wartime design. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Edited by DeltaMike (10/28/20 02:58 PM)

#190550 - 10/28/20 04:00 PM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: DeltaMike]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
Let's see some pics. please.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#190555 - 10/28/20 06:41 PM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: Sidney_Redford]
DeltaMike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Sidney_Redford
Let's see some pics. please.

PM sent

#190562 - 10/29/20 05:34 AM Re: New Randall incoming [Re: DeltaMike]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: DeltaMike
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

I wish more people would adhere to this philosophy....

Moderator:  Mr_Mod