Nifeboy.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 42 of 175 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20422 - 01/10/10 02:35 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Doug74]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
3 handles, 3 x the labor, 3 x the parts, 3 x the price.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20423 - 01/10/10 11:04 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Doug74 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NE
Thanks Captain.

#20424 - 01/12/10 10:41 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Doug74]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA, Earth
How many chargeable options are the following?

#26 + Stainless Steel + #25 Handle + Pure Silver Single Hilt + Pure Silver Butt Cap, Radiused + Sterling Silver & Black Spacers + Ivorite Handle Insert

#26 + Stainless Steel + #25 Handle + Nickel Silver Single Hilt + Nickel Silver Butt Cap, Radiused + Ivorite Handle Insert

Also, when specifying the #25 handle for knives other than the #25, such as the #26, #27, and the varieties of the #12-9" for which this is possible, how much is this option, and does it constitute one chargeable option?
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2
http://lundestudio.com/RandallOrderingFAQ/

#20425 - 01/12/10 12:07 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: lunde]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

BTW, I think the first is six chargeable options, and the second is four.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2

#20426 - 01/12/10 10:09 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: lunde]
silverknife Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Think Snow
The sterling silver spacer option is not chargeable on a #25 handle since metal spacers are used anyway.

Regards,
Doug
RKS#1835
silverknife1@aol.com
NRA Life Member

#20427 - 01/14/10 05:06 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I did a thorough search of this thread, and didn't see this covered, so here goes.

I found out today that "Dealer Specials" are not affected by the current limit of five chargeable options. I received a clue about this a day or two ago, and confirmed this policy with the shop.

I guess that this might by the shop's way of making the Dealer Specials, well, more special. Or, it might be because it is tough to pin down exactly what the "base" configuration is.

In any case, I found this information to be useful, and it seemed appropriate to pass along to the rest of the Randall community.
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2

#20428 - 02/09/10 10:47 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Doug74]
Knife Enthusiast

All memberes,
I have been receiving calls, emails and PM's regarding another thread set up to answer your questions. I will not respond to any PM's (seldom. if ever have). I will not "cross thread" (Get it?..."Cross-thread"?) with another thread or topic If you would like questions answered or researched, please contain them in this thread. If I do not know the answer (which is a common occurance) I will get in touch with the proper source at the Randall shop (not by phone, fax or email as this slows production time down) and get back to you with the correct answer. I will try never to speculate and will get you the best and most correct answer possible from the best source...but "PLEASE"...restrict your questions to this thread. I just returned to my desk, after 5 days on the road to and from the Alabama Gun Collecotr's show in Birmingham, Al., to find 116 emails. Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20429 - 02/09/10 01:12 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Gamble Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
well one of those was mine, sorry. I'm trying to figure out if my order for a couple knives with all blue spacers will be filled as placed despite the fact that all blue spacers is no longer offered. Many thanks!!

#20430 - 02/09/10 02:51 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Gamble]
Knife Enthusiast

Blue alone won't happen, Gamble. Better get in touch with Valerie (if the order is placed through the Randall shop directly) and make the order change. What is the total configuration? Perhaps I can make a suggestion.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20431 - 02/09/10 05:39 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Gamble Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
that's a real disappointment for me, when Valerie took the order and sent the confirmation some years ago it was a ok.
I'll call the shop to speak to them but in the meantime the configurations are as follows.

1.)5-5, stainless, single square top brass hilt, bp in bcm, thin and rounded brass butt cap, all blue spacers!!

2.) exactly the same but carbon with a six inch blade

i was really looking forward to seeing the all blue sandwiched between brass and black micarta, my next choice would be all red or brass/black most likely.

Page 42 of 175 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod