Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 175 < 1 2 3 4 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20022 - 06/13/07 09:17 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Holzinger258]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Top bevels:
The models that can be ordered with a TB (top bevel sharpened) are:
A) Model #3
B) Model #4
C) Model #5 D. Both size "Gamblers"
I'm sure there "used" to be more, but these are the only ones that come to mind..current day. Again: I'll make sure, but these models I have had accepted for TB in the past.

"Un-sharpened" false edges. To the best of my knowledge, any Randall can be ordered to comply with the "odd" laws, even "Stilettos".. Best, Capt. Chris

Edited by Rhett Stidham (06/14/07 05:56 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20023 - 06/14/07 01:33 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Peter63 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt. Chris,

can you explain please on which models the squared top feature on single hilts is available; I´ve never been able to figure that out; on models 15 for instance I have seen both versions. Thanks in advance .

Best wishes
RKS #1270
RKCC #CMI-008

#20024 - 06/14/07 08:34 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Peter63]
Knife Enthusiast

Sawteeth......and Finger Choils:

Dave Griffin explained the variations in sizes in sawteeth as depending upon where and when they were installed on the wheel. A brand new wheel would cut smaller teeth. As the wheel became worn, the gap between the teeth became larger and farther apart. I would think by now that 2 wheels are being used, as I get knives out on the same order with "both" size teeth. I'll double check. It "could be" that the fourteen room has a different size wheel than the main room, as models #14,#15,#16 and #18's seem to be a different size.
I know that back a few years ago you could request "long" finger choils. I have been told "no" lately. I will tell you that 1/4" stock hunting knives, with 6" or longer blades, almost always have a long enogh choil for clearance of my fingers, which are fairly good size.
Hope that helps in your ordering...and..Next time in the shop...I'll double check these answers. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20025 - 06/14/07 08:40 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Peter63]
Knife Enthusiast

"SQUARE"-TOP SINGLE HILTS:

I like 'em! Some folks don't...but they are available on any Randall model that is available with a single hilt. You have to request them..code, for example for a brass single hilt and a squared top is..."BH1 (SQH)". Thanks for your question, Capt. Chris

P.S. If you look at photos in the catalog, you will still see squared top hilts, even though the standard, "round" single hilt will come on the knife if a squared one is not "specifically" requested...CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20026 - 06/14/07 09:11 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Knife Enthusiast

#6 GRINDS:
First of all: Let's take a look at which models already come with a grind similar to the Model #6. Besides the #6-4 1/2", "Steak Knife" and 6-9", "Carver", you also have:

A) All 3 Model #10's (3",5",7"), but "not" the 3" "Drop Point"
B) Model #11's are very close, although a bit of a bevel difference on the top.
C) Models "20 and #21.
D) Model #22
E) "GTR" Special
F) "Denmark" Special

Besides the above-mentioned. you can order both blade lengths of Model #7's, 4 1/2" and 5" either in carbon or stainless steel. You can also order a Model #4-6" in carbon steel. The Model #3 used to be available with a #6 grind, but is not available at this time.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20027 - 06/14/07 11:03 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Holzinger258 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Desert Southwest
Thanks, Capt. Chris, your answers are appreciated!
...and I will keep it to one question at a time in the future.
-Steve

#20028 - 06/14/07 11:34 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Just got a model #4 7" with top bevel sharpened.

#20029 - 06/19/07 08:09 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Steven]
Knife Enthusiast

Just tried to post up regarding "spacers" and the various combinations available, but this server kicked me out again. I'll try it one at a time later. Best, Capt. Chris
P.S. In the meantime: If anyone has "spacer" questions: Let's hear 'em. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#20030 - 06/19/07 08:33 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Swordsman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA Michigan
Have a question about finger grips on leather handles (bottom and side) and the different buttcaps that would go with them.

Thanks

Tom V.

#20031 - 06/19/07 08:58 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Swordsman]
Knife Enthusiast

Right or left handed finger grips are available on stock of 1/4" or larger. Single finger grip option is available on 3/16" and larger.
Model #14-styled finger grips (underneath) are available on 1/4" and larger. I'll address the butt caps in another post as these things expire rapidly. Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 2 of 175 < 1 2 3 4 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod