Randall Made Knife Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186797 - 04/02/20 04:36 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: Windsor]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Is there a stone in the pouch? Is the parkerizing "fresh"? Are there any scratches under the parkerizing? One think that concerns me, is there is no sharpened edge visible in the photo. I don't recall if any maker sends a parked knife out with a coated edge dating back to probably WWI and certainly WWII.

RMK did "a few", and I don't know what that exact number is, but is is small. Perhaps half a dozen and probably less. It was something that the shop determined they didn't need to do and add to their already backlogged work load.

I am trying to find out if there is any recollection of the model(s) that may have been done, but would assume it would be a military model(s)

So, to the knife at hand. It could be late Viet Nam, say 73-75. Without having the knife in hand, the original stone could shed some light on vintage. Wether it is shop supplied parkerizing is unknown, and if there is any recollection as to the time frame when the few knives that were done, that could narrow it down. Thing is, it is very obscure, a blip on the screen, and there is only one person that MIGHT recall it, but I would't count on it.

Therefore, absent of any other "evidence", I would not claim it was shop parkerized, unless I can come up with something that tells me the knife falls within the time frame the shop had it done. Even then it would only be a maybe at best, you could not say definitively it was shop supplied.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#186801 - 04/02/20 06:23 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: crutchtip]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
There were only two shop Parkerized knives. They are in a private collection. There is a shop letter certifying these are the only two.

I am having trouble posting a pic at the moment, but will try again in a bit. Internet sucks on this job site.

#186802 - 04/02/20 07:14 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: tunefink]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Ya, that was my initial thought also, and what I originally said in my post prior to edit, as I had always heard two, know of the knives you are speaking of, and have seen the letter. But a conversation today suggests there may have been more than two. There is going to be more on this, hopefully, Monday.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#186804 - 04/02/20 07:44 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: tunefink]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Help you out Mitchell:

Attachments
------F6114004-CD1A-48A2-939C-65261A73E8BF.jpeg

#186805 - 04/02/20 08:28 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: Michael_Mason]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Thank you Mister Mason!

Joe, like all Randall rules, there are several exceptions. I could believe there were more.

#186838 - 04/05/20 08:26 AM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: Buck Buchanan]
Kiltabar Offline
Just dropped in

Yep; I'm a collector of US military firearms from the Rev War to WW2, considered by some to be an "advanced collector," and have many of the bayonets for these guns and a few of the fighting knives from the period. And as WE say in the gun-acquisition business: "Buy the gun, not the story." So I'm not naive to the concept, but I don't know anything - and don't assume anything - about this Randall. Thank you very much for your help, and I do recall this little shop down on Bragg Blvd. when I was with the 7thSFG(A) where fellow GB's would run to on the 1st of the month... . However, I had much more sense. I didn't squander my money on knifes, I wisely spent it on alcohol, wild women, and old guns... . I will send a pic of the stone and edge as requested by another member. Thanks again.

#186847 - 04/05/20 01:27 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: Kiltabar]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
Kiltabar, welcome to the forums...seems to me, you'll fit right in!

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#186850 - 04/05/20 04:55 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: Dirty_Water]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Agree with DW.... Welcome Aboard Sir!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#186851 - 04/05/20 06:11 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: CrazyCajun]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
You seem to be a breath of fresh air that this forum could use. Glad to have you on board. Look forward to seeing some photo's of some of your collections!
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#186869 - 04/07/20 03:08 PM Re: Parkerized Randall [Re: Sidney_Redford]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Kiltabar, did you ever have any inter-action with a 5th and later 7th SFG Sargent named Randal Kohl?

Or a Sargent named Zubeck. I knew both of them. Both worked in the south.

Tom V.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod