dominionhobby.com Nifeboy.com
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184150 - 10/25/19 08:45 AM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Fishing yesterday produced zero,I guess with the onset of cooler weather,the fish have gone...……..south.

Seeing the above "injection gun" photo reminds me that is one of the reasons Vietnam Vets have a 300% more chance of coming down with Type C hepititus.

They swab your arm before the shot but not the muzzle of the gun. A little blood spirt from the shot goes on the gun and the next recruit gets it.

Wayne

#184156 - 10/25/19 10:08 AM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: Wayne Dengler]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Great Wayne, something else to worry about.
It was not uncommon for the Navy Corpsman operating the gun to be in a hurry and still moving when he pulled the trigger.
Nice smeary slice and a quick band-aid.
Mostly at Boot Camp and A-School.
When in the smaller commands, a needle at payday was the routine.
Molon Labe

#184170 - 10/25/19 04:26 PM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
About all I do anymore is trout fish and the fishing here is put and take from Oct. to June. They have put in so many damn greenways for the walkers and bike riders along the river there is no place to park and fish have to go 50 to 75 miles to find a good stream!!
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#184191 - 10/26/19 08:19 AM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: Sidney_Redford]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Blade N Barrels,

Not only do we have to worry about Hep type C but also Liver Flukes and a greater chance to come down with ALS.

Gosh! What next!!!!

Now the Vets coming back from the Sandbox have even more issues!!!

Sidney,
I thought that the VA streams and rivers had sustainable trout populations and did not need too much stocking. I guess I was wrong.

Wayne

#184196 - 10/26/19 11:59 AM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: Wayne Dengler]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
The city of Boise lies on both sides of the Boise River, a Blue Ribbon Trout stream. The entire length of the City has some beautiful fishing waters. Browns, rainbows,cutthroat, smallmouth bass, whitefish, and some catfish. Pictures show up every day on Facebook with nice catches of mostly trout caught on flies, but anything is legal. There is also over 20 miles of paved Green Belt for hikers and bikers, no motors. Access to the Boise River is available all along the Green Belt. The river also flows through Boise State campus. I once saw a student carrying 2 nice trout back to his dorm for dinner.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#184199 - 10/26/19 12:56 PM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
B
Not only do we have to worry about Hep type C but also Liver Flukes and a greater chance to come down with ALS.

GW1 vets also have twice the normal risk of coming down with ALS. frown

#184216 - 10/26/19 09:52 PM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: Windsor]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
Wayne there are some streams that have native trout, but they are small and hard to fish, the fish are beautiful though but usually small like 5 or 6 in's takes a lot to make up dinner and the limit is 6.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#184227 - 10/27/19 08:49 AM Re: Holy Cow Look What I Caught. [Re: Sidney_Redford]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Sid,
Whenever I travel through VA (mostly on I-81) I cannot help but look at the beautiful mountains and think about some of the nice remote streams.

So,I guess VA is pretty uch like a lot of other locations,the trout are put and take.

Wayne

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  TonyLaPetri