James Behring Knives Miles Swelze
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182772 - 08/24/19 11:23 AM Reloading
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
There didn't seem to be an area to post this without stepping on another thread, so I thought maybe a thread to all the folks out there that are reloading, this may be interesting....the passing of information is never a bad thing.
I picked up a "world's Finest Trimmer" the other day....I thought I would give it a try on some .308 I am loading....I doubt my dad would have used this in his bench rest shooting...BUT it is a real quick way to trim up brass for a bit more uniformity....anything helps!!
It trims based on the shoulder of the case, and not the overall length, so, there remain issues with overall length...
Has anybody used one of these before??
AND, LET'S NOT STOP HERE...WHAT ELSE YOU GOT TO SAY/ADD???

:-)Rocky

Attachments
------DSC02244.JPG

------DSC02245.JPG

Edited by thevalueman (08/24/19 11:24 AM)
RKCC#25

#182773 - 08/24/19 12:14 PM Re: Reloading [Re: thevalueman]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
If your base-to-shoulder distance is consistent, this thing will perform exactly as needed. You should be doing your shoulder setbacks before length trimming anyway.

I have two length trimmers, the Lyman Universal and the L.E. Wilson, both with power attachments so I'm not hand-cranking the cutter. Of the two, I prefer the L.E. Wilson, especially for bottleneck rifle brass.

#182778 - 08/24/19 01:27 PM Re: Reloading [Re: Windsor]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
I was just saying...BUT...if your just running some brass, without all the other work...like in a HOG kill'n machine!! this thing is pretty good.
I agree with you other comments, however I was not taking this brass that far...I'm not loading for bench rest...it's just for the HOG's...they don't mind the little differences....at least they have not mentioned it...

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman