Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 22 of 96 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 95 96 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182210 - 08/06/19 08:14 PM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: W Polidori]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Since I have a wooden deck up one story, I don't have the luxury of any charcoal grills, so the boneless skinless variety is my only choice. With the skin on,frying in my DO is the choice, which give me the crispy skins and fat. Yeah, FAT. Yum.
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#182211 - 08/06/19 08:23 PM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: pappy19]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
10-4 on the wooden deck.
Don't burn the house down cooking Pap.

#182215 - 08/06/19 10:16 PM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: W Polidori]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Many moons ago I had a weber kettle grill, they're great for leg quarters. I almost wish I had one again just to cook leg quarters at least once a month.

The dark meat is great straight up or chopped up on top of a salad.

I don't mind the smoke, it's a signal for neighbors to come over, dinner is almost ready. smile I unpackage them, give then a quick rinse, leave the skin on, slather a lot of "slap ya mama" (yellow can) all over them, and on the grill they go.

#182216 - 08/06/19 10:23 PM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: pappy19]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: pappy19
Since I have a wooden deck up one story, I don't have the luxury of any charcoal grills, so the boneless skinless variety is my only choice. With the skin on,frying in my DO is the choice, which give me the crispy skins and fat. Yeah, FAT. Yum.

Used to be, you could buy big sheets of stiff-pressed asbestos for a heat shield. One of the (country) houses I lived in eons ago in SE Kansas had two of them butted to each other in the corner to keep the heat from of the wood stove off of the walls. They were spaced from the slat'n'mortar wall with wooden thread spools.

The new house (not yet moved in) has a covered patio with the roof a bit low for grill work. I had the builder pour a 10'x20' patio extension so I could push the grill and smoker out onto that when I fire them up.

#182217 - 08/06/19 10:49 PM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: Windsor]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Originally Posted By: Windsor
Many moons ago I had a weber kettle grill, they're great for leg quarters. I almost wish I had one again just to cook leg quarters at least once a month.

The dark meat is great straight up or chopped up on top of a salad.

I don't mind the smoke, it's a signal for neighbors to come over, dinner is almost ready. smile I unpackage them, give then a quick rinse, leave the skin on, slather a lot of "slap ya mama" (yellow can) all over them, and on the grill they go.

I like to grill drumsticks over Red Oak wood. Then grill Pittsburg Hot Links, Italian Sausage, and Brats. Arrange the Drumsticks in the pan, slice up all the sausage, and smother the drumsticks with the sliced up sausage.

The sausage will slowly “drip” down on the drumsticks, keep them moist, and add flavor.

Here is what it looks like:

Attachments
------drumsticks.gif

------drumsticks smothered with sausage.gif

Edited by coachblalock (08/07/19 09:57 PM)

#182387 - 08/12/19 09:29 AM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: coachblalock]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Hey All,

We’re spending some time in Naples FL with some friends and thought you’d get a laugh at this Yankee guy’s excellent breakfast experience yesterday morning.
After Mass ... I had Country Fried Steak smothered in Saugage Gravy, two Eggs on top and a pile of Grits!

DAMN that was good! LOVE those Grits!

And yes Captain, I put nothing on my Grits except butter and salt, like ya told me!

Sorry, no photos.

Tony (I got a little Southern in me) LaPetri
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#182388 - 08/12/19 09:58 AM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Yummy, makes me want to make a batch of grits.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#182389 - 08/12/19 10:54 AM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tony--

I grew up in the south, taught my Yankee wife to like grits after we were married.

In college in Winston-Salem, had a friend from Long Island. He ate grits all right when we would go out for breakfast, but he wanted them in a bowl so he could add sugar and cream. Sacrilege to me and others in the restaurant.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#182391 - 08/12/19 11:10 AM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: LarryWW1246]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Went on a golf trip to Myrtle Beach with a few friends years ago. Every morning one guy would order 2 eggs over home fries and smothered in biscuit gravy. YIKES, artery blockage alert!

#182395 - 08/12/19 01:13 PM Re: What's For Dinner? [Re: W Polidori]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Grits came with just about every hot lunch served at school in North Carolina. Rubberized grits. Sugar makes everything taste better.

Page 22 of 96 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 95 96 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod