James Behring Knives Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178190 - 02/22/19 06:57 PM Re: Rick Ward? * [Re: crutchtip]
eLarry Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texan residing in Georgia
Sent a money order for $575 to Rick 1-8-2018 for two Triathletes shipped. Since order was placed in January the order should have been completed and knives shipped by October/November 2018. He does not respond to my calls or emails. This is not a trivial amount of money and I am very concerned for my possible loss. Sellers expect their payment and buyers expect their product.

#178191 - 02/22/19 07:04 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: eLarry]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Having used a money order may end up being a good thing for you, if it was a Postal money order. If so, the Post Office may be able to assist in recovering your loss. Check with them!

#178193 - 02/22/19 07:18 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Wally]
eLarry Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texan residing in Georgia
Yes it is. Thank you.
Larry

A quick google search appears no buyer protection. I will still check with Postmaster. Inspectors have the ability to investigate and prosecute, they do not have the ability to provide a refund for your loss.

Edited by eLarry (02/22/19 08:04 PM)

#178198 - 02/22/19 11:23 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: eLarry]
ROBERT MCINTOSH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Territory Australia &...
That is a considerable sum of money and you should be worried.
I don’t know Rick or had any dealings with him so no comment from me

#178199 - 02/23/19 04:27 AM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: ROBERT MCINTOSH]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Not only did Rick Ward take money for orders, but also took the whole amount for knives upfront it seems. If I would have paid I would have probably lost $1700. Living abroad, I could do nothing about it... First I was wondering what happened to him and I felt sorry, but the more stories I read of people who paid money, the more I think what if it was me.

I have to work almost a month for $1700. You save money, order a Randall knife get exited while waiting for it and then your money is gone. I learned one thing from all of this, go with my instincts more often, that is what saved me this time.

Victims who paid and didn't get your money, get together and go to the police or whatever gets you justice.
People who are saying get in contact with Rick Ward and work something out, All I can say is how???

Edited by Sphinx3000 (02/23/19 04:47 AM)

#178200 - 02/23/19 04:37 AM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Ban me, don't like me or do whatever you want, but I am gonna speak my mind!

If this is all true and I think it is unfortunately, I am also disappointed in Randall. They direct people to dealers if you call them. The term authorized dealer sounds trustworthy, but it turns out that it doesn't guarantee a whole lot. Randall should (and I hope they are doing that) sue Rick Ward and help the people who lost money.

Edited by Sphinx3000 (02/23/19 04:40 AM)

#178201 - 02/23/19 04:40 AM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Apart from that, my experiences with dealers all have been great!

Edited by Sphinx3000 (02/23/19 05:19 AM)

#178203 - 02/23/19 11:54 AM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Sphinx3000]
Kirko Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ladue,Missouri
Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
Apart from that, my experiences with dealers all have been great!
. Plus one !

#178206 - 02/23/19 04:11 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Kirko]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
Disappointed at RMK?!?...for what? For recommending our Authorized dealers to save you a few years waiting on your orders from the shop? For almost 60 years we've had GREAT relationships with our dealers, (including the last 30 w/ Rick) we've had them pass away and cancel their dealerships themselves and have never had to take responsibility for the orders that were placed with them...so now we're to be held responsible for a dealer that has gone awol?...this certain relationship has soured in the past few years to the point that we could no longer recommend Rick with confidence of a timely delivery and we haven't...he also hasn't answered our emails and phone calls to the point that we don't even start his orders until we received his payments...

Randall has always maintained a very tight reign within our dealerships from size of customer materials allowed to great communications regarding orders and having personal relationships and encounters any chance we get, whether it be at the shows, phones, emails, etc, etc, etc...as ANY of the dealers that participate here on the forums would agree, Randall expects a high class treatment of their customers as we try to maintain the same within the shop, unfortunately and apparently one bad apple has spoiled many of the opinions of both shop and dealers...

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#178207 - 02/23/19 05:08 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Dirty_Water]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

@ Dirty_Water

I didn't say or think RMK are to blame for the behavior of one bad apple.
But RMK probably has got influence at the outcome of this drama.
My point is, that there must be a contract with this guy.
There also must be something in it, that you can use against Rick Ward.

The company probably also has (I presume) a lawyer at hand and has more cash then most of the customers. I would say, get in contact with the people who are hurt and sue Rick Ward. Take legal possession of his house, car, boat or something. Take him to court for hurting the brand and make him pay. If this succeeds, RMK could use the money for the victims.

Wouldn't it be great if people got there money back or even better, there much awaited knives.

The word authorized Randall dealer, sounds trustworthy to most people. This is what I find (for lack of a better word) misleading.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod