dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179704 - 04/15/19 09:51 PM Re: UNWANTED VISITORS AGAIN !!! [Re: W Polidori]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Originally Posted By: W Polidori
And then what? How do you dispose of them?

If it were still December of even January, I would not have any trouble giving them away.

As it is, if it gets much warmer, they will not live long in the trap after you catch them.

They overheat pretty easy when they panic in the trap.

Here is one option:

https://wildboarmeats.com/

Edited by coachblalock (04/15/19 09:55 PM)

#179706 - 04/15/19 10:03 PM Re: UNWANTED VISITORS AGAIN !!! [Re: coachblalock]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
"Purchased Dead or Alive". Sounds like a wild west wanted poster.

#179801 - 04/18/19 09:45 AM Re: UNWANTED VISITORS AGAIN !!! [Re: W Polidori]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
We used to trap hogs regularly on some property I owned a few years ago. Most of them we either gave away or had made into sausage. The really small ones we gave to a guy who does the "racing pigs" thing at local fairs. Once though we kept an 80 or so pounder to try to fatten him up. After a while, we named him Wilbur. He never would fatten up though. He only ate enough to stay alive. After several weeks, my wife told me we had to set Wilbur free. My co-trapper said that we should castrate him first so that he would get larger and be less gamey if we ever caught him again. So, one day I go to Wilber and tell him that I have some good news and some bad news. eek After the cutting, poor Wilbur just hunkered down in a corner of the pen and refused to budge. We finally got him out and he hauled azz for the tree line. He never came back as far as we could tell but a couple of years later we heard that someone in the area killed a huge castrated hog. Poor Wilbur, RIP. grin

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#179807 - 04/18/19 12:55 PM Re: UNWANTED VISITORS AGAIN !!! [Re: JE6245]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Here are some pictures from year's past when we really got after them.

I think that I have posted some of these before but I thought I'd re-post.

Attachments
------Hogs in Trap 1.gif

------Hogs in Trap 2.gif

------4 Shoats in the Trap.gif

------Big Boar in the Trap.gif

------Big Sow in the Trap.gif

------Sow and Pigs.gif

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Mr_Mod